Want to play movies on i617 but can't figure it out, Please Help

Guest petrella9979

Guest petrella9979

Ok... Here's my problem... I've searched and searched to find a way to play and hear movies on the blackjack II. I've got tcpmp and wmp10 .... I use windows media encoder and or super e to encode the movies or vid clips.... i just can't seem to get it right either i will get no sound on tcpmp or vid is choppy .....there's got to be a way to play video on this without it being choppy and in somewhat decent quality with sound.....

Can anyone let me know how to do this or what programs you guys are using and what kind of results...

any help would be great.

thanks

Guest su6oxone

There are a couple of programs you can use to encode video for your BJ2. The cheapest to use is a freeware called "3GP Converter" which converts your videos into .3gp video files. You can use one of its preset quality settings (e.g. fair, better, best, etc.). The video will encode at 15fps (frames per second) which is decently smooth. I've found when trying to play 30fps video it gets quite choppy on the BJ2. 3GP Converter is good and easy to use if you want to convert divx/xvid .avi files into something smaller for the BJ2. Personally, my favorite program for converting videos these days is called "DVDFab" which is very flexible in setting your audio/video encoding quality settings to your preference, and you can use it to convert video straight from a DVD if you want. You can buy it, try the trial period of it, or look around for alternative, unrestricted versions on the internet (hint, hint). It's a great program. Video encoding is not especially user friendly, but DVDFab will make it easier.

Ok... Here's my problem... I've searched and searched to find a way to play and hear movies on the blackjack II. I've got tcpmp and wmp10 .... I use windows media encoder and or super e to encode the movies or vid clips.... i just can't seem to get it right either i will get no sound on tcpmp or vid is choppy .....there's got to be a way to play video on this without it being choppy and in somewhat decent quality with sound.....

Can anyone let me know how to do this or what programs you guys are using and what kind of results...

any help would be great.

thanks

Guest Athenon

I use TCPMP - no encoding required. The videos are like 100-200mb / 20-30 minutes though, so I suppose a lot of free space is required.

any help would be great.

thanks

If you can find it on the internet, I use Easy Video to iPod/MP4/PSP/3PG Converter. It works great and compresses the file from 700MB to like 90MB depending on the quality and what not.

Guest eman006
If you can find it on the internet, I use Easy Video to iPod/MP4/PSP/3PG Converter. It works great and compresses the file from 700MB to like 90MB depending on the quality and what not.

Check out this string on TCPMP.

http://www.modaco.com/content/Samsung-i617...m/264440/TCPMP/

It works for me. Just can't use Bluetooth Stereo headphones. At times choppy, but for the most part viewable. Smoothness is much better if you downgrade the quality settings from Normal to Low.