TyTN II Do you Tap or Bash?

Guest nigelt

So am I the only one who ends up bashing the touchscreen when it fails to register my nimble little taps? Mine's an Orange TyTN II and this happens with stylus or finger taps at least 2 or 3 times out of ten.

I'm putting up with the other limitations as I think it's still a pretty cool phone (esp. for my work stuff) but this touch stuff is really annoying.

I did a hard reset recently which seemed to do the trick but the habit has crept back again lately (how does that work then?). Can't seem to track down anything on the other forums / posts. I'm well aware of the playback / scrolling issues with the drivers but this seems to be just bad response from the screen.

Thanks in advance. :-) :)

Edited by nigelt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nevawlkalone

i havent really experiecnced this...find it quite responsive.

One thing that you could do is make sure the screen alignment is nigh on perfect! This can be found in the settings area on the phone.

Also have you got a screen protector on the phone screen?

Guest KevinAlbrecht
Haven't found any similar posts to this anywhere yet - looked on the Expansys forum also.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

Did you install KaiserTweak yet? THis allows you to adjust the sensitivity of your screen.

Guest nigelt

Haven't bothered with the screen protector. I've realigned the screen now trying to be v accurate so hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip. :D

i havent really experiecnced this...find it quite responsive.

One thing that you could do is make sure the screen alignment is nigh on perfect! This can be found in the settings area on the phone.

Also have you got a screen protector on the phone screen?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nigelt
Did you install KaiserTweak yet? THis allows you to adjust the sensitivity of your screen.

As far as I can make out it seems to be just a processing lag. With screen realigned and tweaked to max sensitivity sometimes it just doesnt respond. Pretty annoying especially when trying to dial telephone numbers.

I'm wondering whether to send it to Orange or go for the latest ROM update and see if that fixes it?

Guest Bainsyboy

I would say send it back to orange, if people just keep flashing there devices then Orange will not know that there are problems with there phones and just keep loading there devices with there cwap. So why should us the consumer have to search the internet to try and get answers on how to get our phones to function as the manafacturer wanted them to.

I have watched videos on you tube and cannot believe how quick some of the kaisers perform, theres a vid about the cube application running on a kaiser, how they got there device to run that fast beggars believe.