Faulty Headphones

Guest Restorer

Guest Restorer

The headphones supplied with my TyTNII seem to have developed a loose connection. Even though they are practically unused, Orange refuse to replace them as the are an accessory. Can anyone recommend a decent quality replacement. The only ones I can find are made by ORA. Is this a good make?

Guest Restorer
Just get an Ext-USB -> mini jack adapter, then you can use any decent pair of headphones with the phone.

Duh, never thought of that! Thanks for the tip - I believe you can get them quite cheaply on ebay with microphones built in.

Still annoyed with Orange though. I don't know how they can get away with that. All I did was take them out of the sealed packet and used them for about 5 minutes when the problem developed. But since it's only costing me a few quid I really can't be bothered to pursue it.

Guest shootydogthing

Your other option is to get bluetooth headphones, you can get either proper headphones with a mic or a little thing like an MP3 player that clips onto your shirt. You then plug your own headphones in and a mic on the unit pics up your voice

Both of these solutions also offer music controls

I personally have a Jabra BT320s which clips onto my shirt, it cost me 14.99 and I've had no problems with it whatsoever.

Guest Restorer
a little thing like an MP3 player that clips onto your shirt. You then plug your own headphones in and a mic on the unit pics up your voice

I definitely like this idea. Do you know what they call such a device? Is the quality of playback decent over Bluetooth?

Guest shootydogthing

just look for bluetooth headphones and find ones matching that description.

mine are called Jabra BT320s. the quality is mostly good, it occasionly goes out of tune, but only brifly. and you get occasional drop-outs which are fixed by turning in a wquick circle.

I can hear fine, but when talking I need to talk quite loudly, but it could just be because I have a very cheap unit :)

Guest Restorer
just look for bluetooth headphones and find ones matching that description.

mine are called Jabra BT320s. the quality is mostly good, it occasionly goes out of tune, but only brifly. and you get occasional drop-outs which are fixed by turning in a wquick circle.

I can hear fine, but when talking I need to talk quite loudly, but it could just be because I have a very cheap unit :)

I meant the device that you can plug your own into. Can't seem to find anything like that. Dunno what you would call such a thing.

Guest shootydogthing

that's what I have. it's a black thbing like an MP3 player which clips onto my shirt neck and has music, volume and hang up/answer/voice dial controls

Guest Restorer
that's what I have. it's a black thbing like an MP3 player which clips onto my shirt neck and has music, volume and hang up/answer/voice dial controls

I am confused. You said earlier you had the Jabra BT320s. This has its own headphones doesn't it? Do you mean these are detachable and you can use others?

Guest shootydogthing
I am confused. You said earlier you had the Jabra BT320s. This has its own headphones doesn't it? Do you mean these are detachable and you can use others?

yeah, there's a 3.5mm plug in the top, the supplied headphones go in here or you use your own

• 1 month later...
Guest Restorer

Great - the BT 320s finally arrived 4 weeks after ordering off Amazon (don't ask lol) but I cannot get it to play music!

The pairing worked fine. The headphones work OK for handsfree phone calls. I can control media players using the device but when I try to play music it just plays it through the phone speaker. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?

Shootydogthing, did you have to change anything on the phone? Anyone with any ideas how I can tell the phone to ignore it's speaker and use the device?

Guest Restorer
Nope, once paired I had options to set as handsfree or stereo bluetooth, I just selected both.

Aha, I guess this is the crux of it. I only get the Hands Free checkbox option.

Is this a faulty device or should there be some way to turn on the Bluetooth Stereo option?

Guest shootydogthing

Here's what you try:

1. Delete the pairing on the Kaiser

2. plug the headset into the charger for 5 seconds

3. Repeat step 2

4. Repeat step 2 (this will reset the headset to factory settings)

5. try pairing again

Guest Restorer
Here's what you try:

1. Delete the pairing on the Kaiser

2. plug the headset into the charger for 5 seconds

3. Repeat step 2

4. Repeat step 2 (this will reset the headset to factory settings)

5. try pairing again

I found a firmware update on the Jabra site which made the Bluetooth Stereo option appear. Works great now. Thanks for the tip shootydogthing - an excellent £15's worth of kit.

Guest shootydogthing

Weird. mine didn't need a firmware update lol

Also where did you get the cable to connect it to your computer O.o'

But thanks, glad to be of help

Guest Restorer
Also where did you get the cable to connect it to your computer O.o'

But thanks, glad to be of help

You plug the device into the charger and put it into update mode and then connect the phone to PC via its usb. The update is done via Bluetooth.

Guest shootydogthing

weird. i've never heard of that being done lol. as I said, I didn't need that. just to warn you, mine occasionally "forgets" to connect to my phone, if that happens to you then just do what I said above.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Restorer

I am disappointed that the SRS-WOW driver doesn't seem to work using this device. Less importantly you have to turn off WiFi or get sound dropouts every 15 seconds or so - although I imagine this is so for all BT devices.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest -JeeDee-

I have had the standard headset and now I have the HTC TyTN II Wired Remote Control RC E100

On both, I have to hold the mini-usb plug down, so that i hear music in my both ears. If i release it i only have sound in one ear.

So my mini-USB connection is ****, i got two questions about it:

1) will they repair it for free? i bought it in Holland at Belcompany and have a insurance at 9,50 a month for damage, stealing etc

2) do i need to install my original ROM? Since it is hardwarematic and not softwarematic it should be ok right?

Thanx in Advance

JeeDee