Garmin suddenly stopped working

Guest su6oxone

Guest su6oxone

I've been running Garmin Mobile XT on the BJ2 out of the box using the GPS intermediate driver without any problems for the past couple of weeks. Few days ago, for the first time, the BJ2 crashed while trying to load Garmin that resolved with a soft reset. Then it would crash even after just soft resetting. Then when loading Garmin, after the first Garmin screen opens up, the problem would abruptly close before getting to the user agreement. I haven't done anything to mess around with Garmin, so it's a mystery why this happened. Uninstalling, removing all the files/maps from the storage card, reinstalling and adding all the files again hasn't resolved the problem, still does the same thing: garmin starts to load (Garmin screen comes up) but then the app shuts down by itself before the user agreement. GPS still works btw when using Live and Gmaps, so doesn't seem to be a GPS issue. Anyone have a similar problem with Garmin?

Edited by su6oxone

Although I havent run into your problem I think a hard reset is in order...

Any problems I had with Garmin from install were fixed with a hard reset....I dont think you will be able to recover it by fixing registry entries or reinstalling the program. Sounds like something has become corrupted within Garmin and it's dependencies....

Guest su6oxone

Thx for the input Sed8ed. I was thinking I would probably have to hard reset as well. Hopefully it won't be a regular thing because I rather like Garmin, it has great map design and excellent voice directions.

Although I havent run into your problem I think a hard reset is in order...

Any problems I had with Garmin from install were fixed with a hard reset....I dont think you will be able to recover it by fixing registry entries or reinstalling the program. Sounds like something has become corrupted within Garmin and it's dependencies....

I've been running Garmin Mobile XT on the BJ2 out of the box using the GPS intermediate driver without any problems for the past couple of weeks. Few days ago, for the first time, the BJ2 crashed while trying to load Garmin that resolved with a soft reset. Then it would crash even after just soft resetting. Then when loading Garmin, after the first Garmin screen opens up, the problem would abruptly close before getting to the user agreement. I haven't done anything to mess around with Garmin, so it's a mystery why this happened. Uninstalling, removing all the files/maps from the storage card, reinstalling and adding all the files again hasn't resolved the problem, still does the same thing: garmin starts to load (Garmin screen comes up) but then the app shuts down by itself before the user agreement. GPS still works btw when using Live and Gmaps, so doesn't seem to be a GPS issue. Anyone have a similar problem with Garmin?

Yes, this is EXACTLY what happens to me! I guess you've gotta hard reset. Thanks for the advice!

• 2 months later...
Guest Krupa

Hey, someone on these forums figured out how to fix this. What you have to do is delete all your text messages, email, sent messages, and drafts, and it works! Really! If you want to back up your text messages, go to www.dashwire.com and set up an electronic account that will back everything on your phone up for free to the internet. That's what I did, and now I'm getting it to work!

Guest jbone
Hey, someone on these forums figured out how to fix this. What you have to do is delete all your text messages, email, sent messages, and drafts, and it works! Really!

I had the same luck.

• 1 year later...
Guest klemkas

Unfortunately deleting all text messages didn't solve my Garmin problem. It still doesn't launch. I think i have the newest version.. So this problem is still present..