MWg Atom Life - Opinions, Problems...post them here

Well I would guess that there are a fair few new owners of the bargain priced MWg Atom Life from Expansys! :)

In the absence of a dedicated forum for the device, I thought a thread for new owners might be the order of the day for posting opinions/problems etc.

Well after living with it for a few days, I can't see any real problems with it so far. It does seem to eat it's battery for breakfast - though turning down the screen brightness (which is VERY bright compared to my old Vario II) and installing XCpuScalar on 'Auto Scale' seems to have helped somewhat.

One thing I have noticed is that the latest version of Coolcamera (v1.15) does not work on this device - the camera is in grayscale, rotated 180 degrees and flipped. From the support forum it seems this device is not yet supported. Can anyone suggest another camera application as being used to the HTC camera application on the Vario II, the one installed on the Atom Life does not seem quite as user friendly.

Loving the 1Gb storage though. Got all my apps installed on the internal storage, 500Mb left and nothing on my storage card (apart from photos/videos).

Also, has anyone noticed the horrendous background noise on headphones when the equalizer is enabled (or is it just mine that is doing this?).

• 1 month later...