Asus P750 UK Release Date?

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest Joost39

Hi Paul, yeah the BRODIT from Dsldevelopments/Dave - arrived two days before my iPAQ :D well it costs "big time" to want the newest unit on the blok. I´ve got a cheap BRODIT for sale / iPAQ 614c.... :(

Edited by Joost39

Have to agree mine went back after 1 day of play. Car kit was terrible bluetooth issues. When you pick up the kaiser it feels solid in the hand this feels really bad.

I would advise people to wait for the P750.

Guest Joost39

Sadly but true, it has some big time issues!

I bought a HTC Touch Cruise and it works like a charm!

I hope the P750 despite the RAM-size is better!

Guest Joost39

Feedback from another forum on the P750

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:16 pm

Post subject:

I just purchased the Asus P750 at PC Fair KL with the price of RM2799 + FOC 2GB MicroSD + Screen Protector.

The Package came with 2 batteries, Car Charger, Car Holder and 2 Stylus. Pretty good deal.

The phone features are good. However, I already experiencing some issue with the phone now.

Problems:

1. The phone can not be turn on from sleep mode after overnight. I'm late for work again because the Alarm not working, because the phone was Hang for 3 nights!!!!

2. The movement of the 5 ways Navigation Keys is difficult to control. Sometime, when I try to Enter by pressing at the centre, the Cursor on the screen moved down. When pressing to left, it moved to other direction e.g. move up. It is very annoying to use this Navigation key.

3. I think the 64 RAM is insufficient for this phone, because the phone will be hang by not showing a specific signal. what I meant is sometime I just open up the Camera, it could hang itself by entering into the Option. Sometime, open many programs up to 10 also not hang. Difficult to predict the stability of this phone.

Good things:

1. The phone could answer the incoming calls pretty fast and with clear voice if compare to my previous Fujitsu-Siemen T830.

2. The Camera can shot a good picture. The auto focus features is pretty good. Bad things is without flash light.

3. The Asus Launcher and Asus Status are pretty good. I can go into each program or do some setting easily with Asus Launcher.

I already write some complaints to Asus Techinical Support via online. Hopefully, they could response to me asap to resolve the above critical issues.

Will continue to share about this phone in this forum.

I hope that other User of Asus P750 can share their opinion as well.

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
Feedback from another forum on the P750

[...]

Problems:

1. The phone can not be turn on from sleep mode after overnight. I'm late for work again because the Alarm not working, because the phone was Hang for 3 nights!!!!

2. The movement of the 5 ways Navigation Keys is difficult to control. Sometime, when I try to Enter by pressing at the centre, the Cursor on the screen moved down. When pressing to left, it moved to other direction e.g. move up. It is very annoying to use this Navigation key.

3. I think the 64 RAM is insufficient for this phone, because the phone will be hang by not showing a specific signal. what I meant is sometime I just open up the Camera, it could hang itself by entering into the Option. Sometime, open many programs up to 10 also not hang. Difficult to predict the stability of this phone.

[...]

Device has never hung for me after being in standby. The joystick is a little sensitive, it takes getting used to but i'd rather it be over sensitive now and become "normal" over time than be "normal" now and become useless over time :D As for the 64mb RAM - personally, I think it performs perfectly with it.

I was about to order the HP 614C but since I'm spending alot of time in my car I need the BT to work with good sounds.

Now the HP is no longer an alternative for me. Sad since I though they made good handheld products.

Now for the P750.

It's already available in alot of webshops in Germany. :D

I'm seriously considering buying P750 from there instead of waiting for it to arrive in Sweden.

Guest YohanDK
(Returned the damn thing af 3 hours of use, bad bluetooth Stack, big, toylike plasticbuild)

Sorry to keep poluting the P750 thread, but Joost39 could you elaborate a little on your choice to dump the 614c? I'm on the verge of buying one and wondered if it was just the bluetooth stack that put it over the edge? I can live with a poor bluetooth stack as I have so often before...

Thanks

Guest native12

--USB 1.1--

Is that workable for most you guys? I guess popping in&out MicroSD cards into readers works OK...

But I was surely hoping to finally avoid that minor inconvenience!

still pondering....

Guest Joost39
Sorry to keep poluting the P750 thread, but Joost39 could you elaborate a little on your choice to dump the 614c? I'm on the verge of buying one and wondered if it was just the bluetooth stack that put it over the edge? I can live with a poor bluetooth stack as I have so often before...

Thanks

Tryed two different BT headsets and my cars inbuilt BT handsfree - NONE of them worked - there where so much noise that I couldent talk or hear anyone through it.

Guest Sudhir K

hi there...looked at this at some other threads around...

Hey anyone knows that there were some latest HotFix and Firmware upgrade for Asus P750!!!

Pls go to Asus website to download and upgrade your device.

http://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=en-us

apparently the bluetooth is upgradeable...im not too sure, maybe some clarification thanks!

Guest Joost39
I was about to order the HP 614C but since I'm spending alot of time in my car I need the BT to work with good sounds.

Now the HP is no longer an alternative for me. Sad since I though they made good handheld products.

Now for the P750.

It's already available in alot of webshops in Germany. :D

I'm seriously considering buying P750 from there instead of waiting for it to arrive in Sweden.

Yeah the got it allready, but then you have to flash the german firmware to english...

I´m just waiting Expansys to confirm my order for the P750??

Ordered the MIO A702 in US....

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.