Unable to send e-mail via T-Mobile

Guest Loconinja

Guest Loconinja

My Vario III is currently failing to send e-mail. I have set my account up to use the T-Mobile SMTP server (smtp.t-email.co.uk) in a configuration that has always worked before. In fact, it was working earlier this week, which is why I am wondering if it might be a network issue. Anyone else using this setup had any problems?

I am running The Lone Ranger's WM 6.1 ROM.

Thanks!

Guest Loconinja

I've got it to work by deleting the account from Pocket Outlook and re-adding it. I'm using an IMAP incoming server, and the only difference this time is I have not set it up to sync to my Sent Mail folder. I wonder if that is what was confusing it?

Guest elDeeJay

Im on Tmobile in the UK and have NEVER managed to send an email from my VarioIII. Posted on here a few times and never been able to get it resolved. At the moment my phone is for incoming mail only :D

Guest jimbouk

IMHO The only way that networks restrict outgoing email is to ask you to authenticate on their smpt server.

Some networks use specific mobile smtp servers though (such as smpt.mobile.yahoo.co.uk).

As long as you are using the right server and the right credentials, it should send.

Guest jimbouk

Bizarre. No wonder you dont see anyone with T email addresses then.

Orange doesnt require any authentification if you connect via their apn's but will allow authenticated users to send email from any web connection.

Guest oldg1t
I've got it to work by deleting the account from Pocket Outlook and re-adding it. I'm using an IMAP incoming server, and the only difference this time is I have not set it up to sync to my Sent Mail folder. I wonder if that is what was confusing it?

I am on TMobile and my email works in both directions. Go here for setup process http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/mobile-...s-mobile-email/

Its automated and applys the settings straight to your phone. I have my normal ISP mail and Yahoo mail (2 mailboxes) working fine.