my screen broke

Guest mikeeey

Guest mikeeey

i took my phone out of my pocket today and the screen was white with a big line going from the bottom right to mid left. i hadnt done anything at all, i hadnt hit it or anything, im not entirely sure how this could have happened, but 1 week ago i dropped it about 1 foot to the pavement, and it hit one of the corners. i think this may have something to do with it...when it fell it might have created a small crack that grew and grew, and now got big enough stuff leaked and it broke.

this sucks, anyone know where i can get a replacement screen?

pict0324ev5.jpg

Guest mikeeey
Wow... Did they give any push back?

haha funny as it sounds, my dad talked to the customer support. he has already gone thru the process with my moms phone. it was only about a 5minute conversation and it was that easy. he just said the screen was white, then they asked him quesions and he replied "no" to all of them. well im just glad he made it easy.

Guest Kaiser Wilhelm II
haha funny as it sounds, my dad talked to the customer support. he has already gone thru the process with my moms phone. it was only about a 5minute conversation and it was that easy. he just said the screen was white, then they asked him quesions and he replied "no" to all of them. well im just glad he made it easy.

So he told them that it was dropped and that the screen had cracked? Or he just implied that the screen had gone white one day after being turned on and he couldn't think of any reason why?

If it's the latter, then you may get a surprise when they receive the phone and find out what has actually happened.

Guest mikeeey

at first he made it sound like it was just white. but further into the conversation he then mentioned the crack. and still they are sending another. wel see what type of bill i get i guess.

you know i actually dont know if dropping it really caused it to break, its the only damage ive ever caused to my kaiser, and it was a little more than a week before my screen broke (again, it was about a 1 foot drop, out of my coat pocket onto the cement while i was tieing my shoe). i talked to the AT&T rep that sold me my tilt and he said hes had 6 people come back to just him with a broken screen, some say they didnt do it, never dropped it or damaged it, and it just broke. on xda there was a guy who charged his Tilt and when he unpluged it and looked at the screen it had a big crack on it. the AT&T rep also mentioned people on forums having problems with the screens. he said the Crystals heat up and sometimes break.