Kaiser as a modem on Tmobile

Guest Kimbie

Here is a curious thing was just updating my service plan on TMobile when i noticed under Price Plan - Plan Features the following words:

Your plan includes:

web surfing and e-mails

Use your phone as a modem with your laptop and get unlimited internet access on the move - including streaming media, downloading files and instant messaging.

Now I only have normal web and walk plus, i was under the impression that the above only applied to Web and Walk Max?

Have tmobile changed things or have i just got lucky?

Kimbie

Guest wilkhaven
That stuff was only do-able before on Web and Walk Plus, not Max.

Not entirely true IMHO. I've just got the basic Web 'n' Walk and have been using the Vario II and now Vario III as a modem for the laptop for the last year or so. Although it was a pain to set up, and connections were a bit hit and miss with the Vario II, the internet sharing program on the III is superb. I can actually get higher speed connections using the III as a modem through HDSPA than I can with my home broadband!

As I understand it the basic, plus and max tariffs actually all allow laptop usage, but with varying data download limits.

Guest lozzd

Oh, from what I remembered only Plus was able to use for tethering to a laptop. Or maybe that was because I thought web and walk basic was only web and email and wouldnt be useful? I don't remember :D

Guest wilkhaven
you're not SUPPOSED to use the normal Web'n'walk with a laptop. that's not to say you can't.

Ah, yes, that is probably what I was trying to say.....!!!

That will be the same as you're not SUPPOSED to use messenger or VOIP on anything other than WNW Max....?