The official Asus P750 'ask nedge' thread

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest Amplificator
Hi Paul, you still running rom 0.17? I'm expecting delivery tomorrow. Did anyone manage to find a dumped UK rom to flash it back to if needed?

Also, you mention in previous posts that you are not experiencing any noticable memory leaks but other people are suggesting its a serious problem.

I'm currently running the 0.17 VGA rom, and it's steady at around 16MB of free memory while the WWE SG00 rom was steady at 21MB.

That's after about a week of usage without rebooting the device.

Edited by Amplificator

Guest Zimaia
ASUS support are ready to help now :(

Dear valued customer

Please contact ASUS hotline support about this issue so we can arrange a RMA service and provide you necessary informations on how you can send this mobil in for repair service.

Fra Danmark: 38 32 29 43 (09:00-17:00) [GMT+1]

Best regards

ASUS TMSS team

Good news Joost39, :(:D:( I'm happy for you!!!

Mine is going to repair tomorow, i hope the new housing is diferent from this one because if it is a new one but made by same materials this is going to hapen again, you know that!!! :(

Anyway we have 2 years to change housings a lot of times, hihihihiihihihih

Asus is going to get crasy about this, hihihih!!!!

Guest Mike W

Having been through the thread and googled, I have a few of unanswered questions about the P750 which I hope someone who has one can answer. I've been waiting for a device that fits my Phone/PDA/GPS needs and think if the following are OK that I will be tempted with this one...

1) What is the screen visibility like outdoors in bright sunlight? I see references to it having a transflective screen, but heard reports about the Tytn II/Kaiser also having a transflective screen but for some reason not being very good outdoors. Just found also a zdnet.de test report saying the P750's screen is hardly usable in sunlight - http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=en&.../pe-51276817,8/

2) For TMC, is some sort of additional module / accessory required, or is the hardware in-built? On Expansys it says: "• Support optional TMC module (depens on countries - Not for UK at present)". I know the TMC service is required and in some countries (e.g. UK) that is only available with subscription, but would the P750 work out of the box with freely aired TMC signals in Europe? Anyone used this feature with their p750 and their nav software?

3) Has anyone had Navigon PDA software (http://www.navigon.com/site/uk/en/products...obile_navigator) working on the P750?

Thanks

Mike

Guest Paul (MVP)

1. Crap, REALLY crap!

2. TMC not available for the UK apparently, not had it working.

3. Not tried i'm afraid.

P

Guest Amplificator

1. As Paul says it is bad in sunlight.

2. Havn't tried TMC here in Denmark yet, so no idea.

3. Yes. I've installed Garmin Mobile XT, TomTom Navigator 6 and Navigon Mobile Navigator 6.5 and all 3 applications are working perfectly.

Guest Metoo
1. As Paul says it is bad in sunlight.

Isn't this a fact of life with all hi-res screens though, because of the increased pixel density? There simply isn't enough space between pixels to let ambient light through to the reflective layer.

Edited by Metoo

Guest Enozekun

Hi, tried the GPS on my way home and with the "other bluetooth unit"-setting and it worked much better than before, but it still took a very long time to get a valid signal, it can take up to a minute or so. Is this normal or not?

Guest Amplificator
Hi, tried the GPS on my way home and with the "other bluetooth unit"-setting and it worked much better than before, but it still took a very long time to get a valid signal, it can take up to a minute or so. Is this normal or not?

That seems about right.

It depends if your GPS Catcher is up to date and where you are.

If you are in a building, between very large buildings it might take a bit longer than if you are in a clear area.

Guest Metoo

Yes, if you start moving before you've got a fix.

Guest Sudhir K

hello there guys, been toying around with this nifty device of mine but have hit a few dead ends of late, on of which is how do i connect this to my laptop and create a mobile internet connection?

internet sharing does that but im using the gprs which isnt the settings for the wireless modem setting for HSDPA or 3G, i have asked my network operator a million times over but they have concluded that testing on an Asus is not gonna happen anytime soon so they only know what is the configurations like on a HTC or Dopod kinda device.

any suggestions?

thanks.

Guest trickyhenry

So I got my p750 and very pleased for a couple of days but now i have no sound!!! no speakers and faint mic. Tried the latest rom from asus and still nothing. Any Idea's?

Guest Joost39

I´m still waiting for my sweetheart to return from repairs in The Netherlands.... by Jing Shang :D

Has anyone tried the newest VGA v0,18??

Guest Amplificator
I´m still waiting for my sweetheart to return from repairs in The Netherlands.... by Jing Shang :D

Has anyone tried the newest VGA v0,18??

No, but I'm running 0.17 which is basicly the same as 0.18 in terms of stability.

0.18 allows you to switch between QVGA and VGA using ResSwitch in the menu.

It also supports both 64MB and 128MB ram, and will use what is available.

The memory is stable at around 16MB with 0.17 which doesn't seem to cause any trouble. I'll be upgrading to 0.18 once I get the time :(

Guest Rosie74

Hello everyone, I am a new owner of the Asus P750, and I just took it out of the box. I was ready to start playing with it, until I realized that no matter what I do, I am not able to enable the letters on the keypad, just the numbers. Also, there is no option to select XT9 in the input options... Am I doing something wrong? I really love this phone, but I would hate not being able to use the letters on the keypad. I googled this problem and could not find any solutions to this matter. I do have the XT9 setting boxes all checked under Programs => XT9 settings, but I still don't have the option to select it...

Can anybody help me on this?

I would really appreciate any help you could give. Thank you :D

Guest Rosie74

Well, unfortunately it doesn't look like this phone is sold in the US (yet), so I bought it off of Ebay and it came right from Hong Kong, with WWE_HK firmware pre-installed.

I did some research though and I changed the ROM into Sorg's new All-In-One (WWE 6.1 ver. 0.18) and that did the trick. Keypad is now working and XT9 is working as well. :D

Now I'm stuck with a different issue: the contacts software wasn't opening at all with the new ROM, so I loaded PocketInformant just to be able to see my contacts. I can now see them, but whenever I receive a call or a text message the phone number is not recognized and it doesn't extract the name off of my contact list.. so I never know who's calling me, because I am not able to create new entries either.

Do you think I should just reload the new ROM or is there any other way to fix this without doing that?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Guest Joost39

ASUS PDA Phone radio firmware V4.6.7 for all P750 ROM version

Additional features and improvements:

upgrade radio firmware to V4.6.7 to enhance phone call performance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.