The official Asus P750 'ask nedge' thread

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest Monolithix

As i've said before with other 64MB RAM devices, it's a little annoying on the very odd occasion, but generally day to day use doesnt seem to suffer in my experience...the P750 certainly didnt seem sluggish in the brief time i played with it :D

Guest Joost39

Got it, love it, and gonna keep it! WOW what a nice handy all in one device!

Flashed it with a WWE rom...ala HTC Home.

@Nedge

Could or would you dump the WWE rom you have?

Guest Joost39

The one I liked best is the WMP 6,1 WWE from a Chinaguy / XDA.

P750_WM6.1_4.61.01_B19199 - but had to edit the Clock in the Todayscreen.

Works like a charm with GARMIN Mobile XT, TT6, iGO 2006+ (better then Cruise/TyTn2), but I agree with Nedge´s statment; The org. rom is faster, but mine is German! But got a 1 GB memorycard and the Destinator 7 Germany, Austria in the box too...

Go get it Paul! And cook some roms for us!

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
Got it, love it, and gonna keep it! WOW what a nice handy all in one device!

Flashed it with a WWE rom...ala HTC Home.

@Nedge

Could or would you dump the WWE rom you have?

\o/ P750 FTW! :(

Mine was originally on an old HK WWE ROM - which I wouldn't particularly recommend. Am running the Russian WM6.1 ROM on it now with loads of Kaiser customisations :D

Guest Joost39

Yes sir and its great nedge!

Okay thx anyways.... That rom you are referring too is a little slow, and I cant install my danish XT9 CAB on that one...

Edited by Joost39

Guest Batumulia

Hey all,

I'm new here and planning to buy a Asus P750 as soon as I have saved enough :D

I have a question for you Joost39, you have downloaded a custom ROM, are you able to overclock your device?

Guest richair

I have a question about the text input modes of the P750: which input modes are there besides xT9 and onscreen keyboard? Is there a block recognizer like my (ancient) Acer n10 had? I still have that input mode in my fingers from my Palm-days.

Are there any other forms of text recognition available in the standard form? Thanks

Guest Joost39

The VGA WWE rom is out on the russian site - testing it in a few minutes!!!

EDIT:

Yes it works - amazing work, nice screen!

Edited by Joost39

Guest richair

Coming back to my Navizon question, i heard in a Modaco podcast that mapping of either wifi or cell toweres won't work on Asus phones. Any word on that on the P750, are can you confirm that Navizon fully works (so also to map wifi and celltowers)?

Small but very clear!! :D

Whats the GPS like with tomtom joost?

Does it get lock in a reasonable time?

Is it laggy at all running on a VGA screen with only the 64mb or ram?

Thanks

Guest Joost39
Whats the GPS like with tomtom joost?

Does it get lock in a reasonable time?

Is it laggy at all running on a VGA screen with only the 64mb or ram?

Thanks

Yes its a SiRf star lll and its very stable and gets a sattelite fix in about 15-45 secs all depending on how long time its been used before start.... and downloading the 3 days GPS catcher makes it faster!

No but iGO gets in BIG trouble after about approx. 30 minutes of navigationtime, because of the low RAM, no probs with TT6 but its just too small for my everyday use I think... but I´ll test it.

Edited by Joost39

Guest Joost39
Hey all,

I'm new here and planning to buy a Asus P750 as soon as I have saved enough :D

I have a question for you Joost39, you have downloaded a custom ROM, are you able to overclock your device?

have tried at least 4-5 cooked roms but havent overclocked my device, the speed is nice - better than my HTC Touch Cruise, TT6 runs very smoothly....

Guest Joost39
I have a question about the text input modes of the P750: which input modes are there besides xT9 and onscreen keyboard? Is there a block recognizer like my (ancient) Acer n10 had? I still have that input mode in my fingers from my Palm-days.

Are there any other forms of text recognition available in the standard form? Thanks

The Block recognizer is there, Character Rec... is there too, Transcriber, XT9, keyboard...

Guest Batumulia
have tried at least 4-5 cooked roms but havent overclocked my device, the speed is nice - better than my HTC Touch Cruise, TT6 runs very smoothly....

Thanks for your response! Saying that you haven't overclocked your device does that mean there is no way you can overclock it or you just haven't tried it yet?

Guest richair

Yet another question, can the numeric keys be used as "quick-dials", e.g., when you press and hold '2', it starts to call home. And can these also be coupled to programs (e.g., press and hold '8' and TomTom starts). I really appreciate this function in my current Windows Smartphone (Qtek 8310), so I really hope it can be done with Windows Mobile Professional.

And while I'm at it... coming from a Windows Smartphone, are all menus easily accessible using the joystick? The reason I'm asking is, I've been playing with an HTC P3300 from a friend, and I had a hard time going through certain tabs menus without the urge to get out the stylus.

How would you rate overall one-handedness?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.