SPB Mobile Shell 2.0 Released

Guest DonVincenzo

Guest lozzd

Wow, that looks rather awesome. Unfortunately like most of these "uber simple interfaces", I don't really have any issues with the UI at the moment, and I'm so used to it I'd find that a step backwards. I'd also be worried about that slowing the device down more; If I were to try a shell, it would be that one though. I love SPB's stuff.

Guest DonVincenzo
Unfortunately like most of these "uber simple interfaces", I don't really have any issues with the UI at the moment, and I'm so used to it I'd find that a step backwards.

It's interesting that you mention that, because to be honest in the past I've found that to be the case with other similar applications. However, given that SPB have really done a great job at bringing everything together in 2.0, the number of 'clicks' you have to make to do the majority of day to day functions has been greatly reduced.

As far as the speed is concerned, I'm running it on a Kaiser with TLR's ROM and I'm finding it as fast to use as using the main WM interface. Certainly the fact that I now have fewer clicks to a given action means that any marginal speed decrease is almost offset by the ease of access.

The other thing that I really like is that because the 'Now' screen on this acts as a simple display of basic information, I can load up my Today screen with SPB diary (or some equivalent), something I never wanted to do in the past as it always looked to me too cluttered as my main screen.

As I said, I'm in love with this program (so please excuse my bias!), but particularly given the number of TouchCube emulations that have been appearing recently to varying degrees of effectiveness, I really thing that this is a much better solution.

Guest Webreaper

Looks pretty, but can't see it gives me anything over-and-above what I get from PhoneAlarm + TodayAgenda - for half the price.