Screen wont wont turn off

Guest sumasage

Guest sumasage

when i'm on the phone (and some time the when not using the phone too) the phone backlight turn off but the screen is still on. Not sure if that what it is....my screen is not bright but i can still see the screen. How do i turn it off? maybe i missed some setting some where??? Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by sumasage

Guest badbob001

I've seen this on the old and the new rom, but the common factor is that it will happen on my device and not my wife's. :D Only real difference is that I have more mailboxes and get more emails.

Anyway, on the new rom, I noticed that when it happens, something messes up in power management and the backlight and display timeout are changed to their lowest setting of 10 seconds each. Not sure if having the display and backlight timeout the same is the cause or just a symptom, but I try to keep the backlight timeout at a lower number than the display timeout (eg: backlight at 30 seconds, display at 1 minute).

I had considered running a daily script to update the timeout settings but I got sidetracked recently by other issues that required me to get a warranty replacement.

Check if you have the same symptoms.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jedimicsaber

I get this same issue too, Everytime without fail i find that some app is still running, if you notice this check your task manager and clear all, should fix it up for you. I usually come across it with the media player, PIE, and the camera. hope that helps

Guest jennyfur
I get this same issue too, Everytime without fail i find that some app is still running, if you notice this check your task manager and clear all, should fix it up for you. I usually come across it with the media player, PIE, and the camera. hope that helps

Yeah this problem happens to me on occasion too. Sometimes manually locking the phone fixes it, but more often it's as Jedi said and an app is still running. I'm usually really good at using task manager but every once in awhile forget. The screen not turning off problem has bit me in the ass once before since it completely drained my full battery in no time.