Orange TyTN II Newbie!!

Guest FragaL

Guest FragaL

Hi

I am looking to get one of these on the weekend (buying one from ebay that is locked to orange).

I have read about the flashing etc but im really unsure what steps i need to do so thought I would ask before i buy.

I need the phone firstly unlocked to take voda and o2 as i dont use orange. I then want to remove all the Orange software if possible.

Can you give me a step by step process and will it cost me anything.

Thanks in advance guys.

Guest jimbouk

Go to xda-developers and read up on their Kaiser Wiki and their Kaiser Upgrading Forum.

First thing to do is to flash hardspl on to it.

Then you can download and flash Jockr's unlocking radio rom there - to allow you to sim-unlock it.

Then you can download and flash any OS's you like.

The act of flashing a new rom will remove all orange software anyway.

Guest woogal

If you want to use it on voda, then why not just get the voda version (v1615)?. They're already sim unlocked (everything from vodafone is these days) so you should be able to use it with o2 out of the box.

Guest Bainsyboy

Ive had the tytn II for about 2 weeks now on the orange network and its the worst phone that I have had so far it has twice the power of my old my old phone but it is so much slower, video playback as you may be aware is impossible in my view. I would say steer clear.

I have put a complaint into orange saying that the phone is not fit for purpose stating that video play back is non existant unless you dont mind the sound being out of sync and also changing screens from say the home screen to the call buttons is sloow as well. If you have it hooked up to the computer via active sync try typing a text message to prove how slow the phone is.

Edited by Bainsyboy

Guest jimbouk

Welcome to the forum and to the "fit for purpose" debate that is raging elsewhere about the Kaiser.

HTC are apparently releasing a software update to help with the video issue.

(You could try flashing a faster rom than the orange one though).

Guest Bainsyboy
Welcome to the forum and to the "fit for purpose" debate that is raging elsewhere about the Kaiser.

HTC are apparently releasing a software update to help with the video issue.

(You could try flashing a faster rom than the orange one though).

Im only browsing as half the stuff in here has already confused me :(

If I could get rid of the orange garbage that they have put on the phone and in my opinion spoilt it i might be happier. Like I said to the orange tech today and the htc tech yesterday i thinks its a gorgeous phone but nowt works on it as good as it should, the HTC rep did however say that he had not heard of a upgrade being worked on for release at the end of march as being quoted on certain forums which is why i spoke to orange today to tell them that i was thoroughly dissapointed in a phone that looks good but cannot even play video or run more than two things at once. If you have a tytn II try hooking it up to your computer with active sync running and then go into phone settings then try to play your ring tone if your like me you wont be able to, then try closing the screen with the X in top right corner, I have writen the whole of this with my one finger technique and it still hasnt closed :D I would not recomend this phone unless they upgrade the sotware or firmware or whatever it is that needs upgrading.

To the OP try youtube for video on how slow this baby is, if mine wasnt free i would be fuming and im in two minds to send it back depending on oranges response within the next few days.

Quick add on.

I did review this handset cnet etc etc and it seemed like a cracker of a phone and could be a craker of a phone if htc supports it

Edited by Bainsyboy

Guest jimbouk

Like I said, load a better rom.

Over at XDA Developers there are cooked roms that are a lot faster than the O rom.

The video playback wont be amazing...ever... but my device is as fast as I want at everything else.

Guest Bainsyboy
Like I said, load a better rom.

Over at XDA Developers there are cooked roms that are a lot faster than the O rom.

The video playback wont be amazing...ever... but my device is as fast as I want at everything else.

Im only browsing if im honest, i have read quite abit on how to do what your saying but if im honest its way above my head and also im going to see what orange come back with first, although by the way the tech was speaking they know they are sending out dodgy tytn's hence the reason that they ship them out without any demo video clip like they have with all my other phones which although orange branded I think are htc phones my spv c550 c600 & M700 walk all over the tytn II which considering the tytn has a quicker processor is quite laughable, I cant see htc ignoring this because the phone retails for over £400 UK not sure US or europe sim but thats a lot of customers out of pocket on a phone that basically doesnt do the things that htc advertised it to do, Fair enough they have said that its not a video player but opening the phone keypad bit from the home screen shouldnt really be a problem in this day and age especially on a device worth over £400 when new.

If I could make sense of the cooked roms and how to instal, then I would quite happily try to do it because if i mess it up id quite hqappily go back to my old phone.

Cheers for the heads up though i'll have another read over at XDA to see if I can suss it out.

Edited by Bainsyboy