The MoDaCo + eXpansys £2.5m voucher bonanza

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

NEW VOUCHERS NOW AVAILALBE HERE:

http://www.modaco.com/content/windows-mobi...oucher-bonanza/

:D

If you are a MoDaCo member and you haven't opted out of admin mails, then you're in for a little treat in your e-mail inbox shortly :(

expansys_white_logo.jpg

We've teamed up with eXpansys to give away £2.5m of £10 off £25 vouchers, valid across all eXpansys sites worldwide!

They have some corking deals on their site at the moment (e.g. MWg Atom Life @ £199, Asus M530W @ £199, i-mate SmartFlip @ a bonkers £59.95 (all before discount)), as well as some great deals on T-Mo Web'n'Walk contracts, so keep an eye on your e-mail, and let us know what you've bought. If you've found a hot bargain on there, tell us about it too! :(

P

PS We have a few spare voucher codes, i'm currently looking into a way to distribute those, watch this space!

Guest touficjohn

Ah bugger I did'nt update my e-mail address... :D

Anyway you can re-send it? :(

*edit*

0o sending shortly! /me updates e-mail address

Edited by touficjohn

Guest micaels

Oh goodie looking forward to it. Checked the control panel and i've opted in for admin emails. So hopefully it will work :D

When do you think one will recieve it? Can't wait.

Edited by micaels

Guest carphead

Can you tell us what email address it'll be coming from? Like a lot of people my inbox gets a ton and a half of spam every day. We could then whitelist the address it comes from. I've got the email from Admin option enabled but just want to be certain that I don't miss it.

Guest tsutton
Can you tell us what email address it'll be coming from? Like a lot of people my inbox gets a ton and a half of spam every day. We could then whitelist the address it comes from. I've got the email from Admin option enabled but just want to be certain that I don't miss it.

Whitelist *@modaco.com :D

Guest Paul (MVP)

There's a LOT of mails to send and my mail server is on a go slow! :(

It's coming tho, in order of you signing up to the site, so oldies first :D

P

Guest simon211175

I'm old, but as member 100,000ish I won't hold my breath for an email. Really cool though to be giving so much away. Nice one Paul.

Guest Amplificator

It would be nice to get £25 off of my next purchase, HP iPAQ Business Navigator 614c :D

Paul, any chance we might see a video review of that device?

Edited by Amplificator

Guest Amplificator
None planned i'm afraid...

It's 10 quid off 25, not 25 off :D

P

Still a good deal :(

Too bad about the review tho. Havn't been able to find one yet, but of cause the device is still quite new, so they will show up.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I know it's crappy to wait, so you can now view your unique voucher code in your profile, by clicking here and reading the 'eXpansys voucher' field :D

Terms of the voucher are as follows....

Each voucher is worth £10 off an item of value £25 or more, which means some awesome deals are to be had!

"How to use the voucher - open http://www.expansys.com or call the sales line, choose your product(s) and add them to the basket, or tell your sales advisor. If using the web, enter the voucher in the “How did you hear about us?” space at the check out page, or quote it to your sales advisor.

Terms are as follows: One voucher can be used once for a single order, up to (and including) the 4th of April 2008. Discount will be applied to the cost of goods only and excludes delivery charges. Not to be used in conjunction with any other eXpansys offer. Your £10 discount will not show in the check out process, but will be applied when the order is processed. If you use the voucher on another international eXpansys site (see www.expansys.com/group) then the discount will be re-calculated to that website’s closest currency equivalent. See http://www.expansys.com for full terms and conditions."

P

Guest Mysterious Stranger
If using the web, enter the voucher in the “How did you hear about us?” space at the check out page.

Slightly O.T, but I've just tried to use a different £10 discount on a purchase today, and if using paypal there is no 'how did you hear about us' section, I've emailed them to see if they will retrospectively apply my code and refund the £10 - I'll post what they reply / do as it may affect some people here.

M.S

Guest phoare

Paul,

The email I've received (thanks very much by the way!!) says "each voucher is worth £10 off an item of value £25 or more". The rest of the terms doesn't repeat this bit about a single item costing £25.

So... just for clarity... can I use this voucher on an order which includes a number of goods totalling more than £25, or only if it includes at least one item costing £25?

Cheers!

Paul, thank you for this great give away !!

It gives appriciation to the contributions of the active readers and users of your forums !! Also great work from your side, which should be appriciated as well !! Keep up the good work and succes with running Modaco !

Slightly O.T, but I've just tried to use a different £10 discount on a purchase today, and if using paypal there is no 'how did you hear about us' section, I've emailed them to see if they will retrospectively apply my code and refund the £10 - I'll post what they reply / do as it may affect some people here.

M.S

After a chase up email I received the value of my (non-modaco) voucher as a paypal refund this morning. So now to go collect my £86 b-stock P3600 :D

M.S

Guest Paul (MVP)
Paul,

The email I've received (thanks very much by the way!!) says "each voucher is worth £10 off an item of value £25 or more". The rest of the terms doesn't repeat this bit about a single item costing £25.

So... just for clarity... can I use this voucher on an order which includes a number of goods totalling more than £25, or only if it includes at least one item costing £25?

Cheers!

Erm, I put that bit in, and i'm not sure as it's not clear in eXpansys terms.

My advice: place your order by phone and ask :D

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

eXpansys are aware there is no appropriate place to enter the code on the PayPal and Google Checkout forms, so if you want to use these payment methods, call them too!

P

eXpansys are aware there is no appropriate place to enter the code on the PayPal and Google Checkout forms, so if you want to use these payment methods, call them too!

P

From experience, asking them to send a paypal invoice to you for your order may mean missing out on a bargain - they don't allocate stock until payment is taken and won't 'reserve' items over the phone ( although the used to for cash in the olden days) hence my chasing up after the event. There *is* a 'voucher option' or 'add a note' option in paypal's checkout model as used by many other retailers, they just haven't enabled it properly, and were unaware / non-plussed by this in my communication with them....

It's an unusual way of doing it if you ask me - their visa payments get manually processed hence the ability to remove £10 before asking the card company for your money, so no automated system to remove £10 at time of purchase. And with the amount of codes Paul's sent out I doubt they'll be manually checking each one is valid or how many times it gets used - mine had an accidental typo checking my emails sent - not a wrong character but a character short ;-)

M.S

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.