How to hard reset the SGH-i780?

Guest Samuel Chan

Guest Samuel Chan

I got my SGH-i780 2 days ago. Now I don't know which program caused my i780's touch screen and keyboard have no response. :D :( :(

But the phone can still boot up.

Anybody knows how to hard reset it during bootup? Thanks in advance!!!!

Guest Samuel Chan
Unfortunately not .... I have posted the same query on various forums....

May I know what is your problem lead you to hard reset yours?

Guest stephen.gazard
May I know what is your problem lead you to hard reset yours?

I installed RealVGA and tried to change the language ....

Guest Samuel Chan
I have hard reset shortcut on my i780 in the settings>system although I haven't needed to try it.

No, Since my touch screen and keyboard has no response......, I can't access the phone now :D :( :(

Guest TheDiggia

I know the problem because i had the same problem.

I mailed to samsung Italy and UK and both told me there is no hardware combination of buttons to hard reset the device and i gave my device to the Assistance. :D

Then i retired the 780 three days ago and now it's working.

But this is strange because every Pocket PC has got buttons combination and i asked to the Assistance in which way they resolved my problem and they just told me "software upgrade..."

I thought, if they can why we can't hard reset the I780 ?

At the end i'm sure there is a buttons combination or a little "trick"... on the contrary Samsung Assistance changed with my device with another one.

I asked for this combination in my italian forum and in others international forum but, at the moment, it remains a mistery....

Guest Samuel Chan

I mailed to samsung Italy and UK and both told me there is no hardware combination of buttons to hard reset the device and i gave my device to the Assistance. :D

But this is strange because every Pocket PC has got buttons combination and i asked to the Assistance in which way they resolved my problem and they just told me "software upgrade..."

At the end i'm sure there is a buttons combination or a little "trick"... on the contrary Samsung Assistance changed with my device with another one.

I asked for this combination in my italian forum and in others international forum but, at the moment, it remains a mistery....

May I know what is "Then i retired the 780 three days ago and now it's working."? How can it be done?

Guest stephen.gazard

Yes I am intrigued ... how did you get your device to work again?

Guest TheDiggia

I would like to know too...

I wrote you, the Assistance employee told me just "Software upgrade" and for me this is not fully satisfactory but he didn't told me anything else

Is not in Modaco any user working at the Samsung ?

This could be the TOP for us

Guest stephen.gazard

What is Samsung Assistance? If I bought mine from Italy and I am now in the UK can I use it?

Also SOMEONE MUST HAVE A DECENT ROM THAT WORKS AND COULD BE UPLOADED

Guest Samuel Chan
I would like to know too...

I wrote you, the Assistance employee told me just "Software upgrade" and for me this is not fully satisfactory but he didn't told me anything else

Is not in Modaco any user working at the Samsung ?

This could be the TOP for us

I have returned my phone to Plemix to fix. I suggest to install either http://www.pocketvnc.com or http://www.mymobiler.com/ 1G84*?% before everything installed so that we can have a backdoor to control the phone.

Guest TheDiggia

@stephen

I suppose you should contact Samsung UK...

@Samuel

if your PC/notebook can't recognize the device (as in my case) i think you'll not able to use both the software

Guest stephen.gazard
@stephen

I suppose you should contact Samsung UK...

@Samuel

if your PC/notebook can't recognize the device (as in my case) i think you'll not able to use both the software

Spoke to Samsung today .... and it would appear that the rumours are true and that no -one including Samsung know how to perform hard reset !!

They also confirmed they would not be able to flash update the ROM to UK version for me .... GREAT !!!

Any help from anyone Really gratefully received ....

Spoke to Samsung today .... and it would appear that the rumours are true and that no -one including Samsung know how to perform hard reset !!

They also confirmed they would not be able to flash update the ROM to UK version for me .... GREAT !!!

Any help from anyone Really gratefully received ....

This is too bad.....has anyone tried using a program for Safemode on this ppc?.....perhaps thats the only way to perform a hardreset for those that are stuck on the welcome screen.....because the safemode will kick in when the ppc detects resets in a loop and then thats when you're able to enter the ppc in safemode just like a normal pc......i guess from here you can either uninstall the program that was incompatible or go through start-setting etc etc-hard reset option......anyone here cares to try this and let us know which safemode program they are using and if it works?.....thanks

Guest ekerbuddy
didn't work for me.

I had an idea... Use AEBPlus. Find the software app that does the hard reset and map it to a key combination in AEBPlus. Even is the screen does not work, if you know the password (usually 1234, enter) then this might work as a backup fix until another way is found.

Guest Samuel Chan
I had an idea... Use AEBPlus. Find the software app that does the hard reset and map it to a key combination in AEBPlus. Even is the screen does not work, if you know the password (usually 1234, enter) then this might work as a backup fix until another way is found.

Our problem not only on the screen but the keyboard/other hardware key also freeze.

Guest stephen.gazard

Just had another call from Samsung confirming that they still don't know how to perform a hard reset !!!!

Can you believe it?

Now if someone can just tell me how to dump the ROM from my othe UK version and create a flashable ROM we would all be ok!

Hi all

And here is the magic number for the full reset, *2767*3855# Tell that to samsung.........

Sam tech. :D

It does not work as our device now hangs on WM booting.

Guest linux-ubuntu
It does not work as our device now hangs on WM booting.

You just have to wait till it finishs, it will take a minute or two.

This code is the full reset for all samsung telefones.

And I have used it myself, it restores the OS to factury default.

But you don,t have to believe me, I do this every day...........( not on my I780 if you get what I mean.)