Hooray - I have my new HTC TyTN II...

Guest Paulplex

Guest Paulplex

Hi all,

Orange have delivered my upgrade replacement to the SPV M3100 - or TyTN - and although I've only have it out of the box for an hour or so, I've already installed most of my favourite applications and marvelled at the onboard GPS.

However, unless I'm thinking of another phone, doesn't the TyTN II come with that funky TouchFlo cube thing that you can use to show off to iPhone owners? I can't seem to find it anywhere on my new toy.

...does the Orange ROM not include this or is it just not a standard bit of software for this phone anyway? Does anyone know where I can get it or am I wanting something that I can't really have?

Ta all - and thanks to those who replied to my earlier thread and ensured I didn't get a Nokia N95 instead of my TyTN II :D

Hi all,

Orange have delivered my upgrade replacement to the SPV M3100 - or TyTN - and although I've only have it out of the box for an hour or so, I've already installed most of my favourite applications and marvelled at the onboard GPS.

However, unless I'm thinking of another phone, doesn't the TyTN II come with that funky TouchFlo cube thing that you can use to show off to iPhone owners? I can't seem to find it anywhere on my new toy.

...does the Orange ROM not include this or is it just not a standard bit of software for this phone anyway? Does anyone know where I can get it or am I wanting something that I can't really have?

Ta all - and thanks to those who replied to my earlier thread and ensured I didn't get a Nokia N95 instead of my TyTN II :D

As far as I'm aware. the TouchFLO interface is only installed on the HTC 'Touch' range of devices. However, there is an alternative, SPB Mobile Shell (Here) does have a similar interface. I'm running the demo version at the moment on my Vario II (HTC Hermes/TYTN) and it is quite slick!

Alternatively I believe there are some 'cooked' ROMs out there for the Kaiser that do include TouchFLO - though you would be invalidating your warranty by installing them.

Guest Paulplex
Dutty makes roms with the touch cube.

A bit of searching around and I found this link:

http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/phone-edi...l-cab-file.html

...works very well on my TyTN II so I'm chuffed to bits now :D

---UPDATE---

Oddly, if you install this application, you are no longer able to use the 'align screen' function; tap the centre of the screen to start the alignment and nothing happens. Remove the HTC Cube and it all works again - odd...

Edited by Paulplex

Guest Mr Alom
A bit of searching around and I found this link:

http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/phone-edi...l-cab-file.html

...works very well on my TyTN II so I'm chuffed to bits now :D

---UPDATE---

Oddly, if you install this application, you are no longer able to use the 'align screen' function; tap the centre of the screen to start the alignment and nothing happens. Remove the HTC Cube and it all works again - odd...

Hi Paulplex,

I'm sure there was another link on this comment last night on HTC Touch Cube (informations). I saw it last night but was too tired to read through that's why I've logged on and the link's disppeared. :(

Guest Mr Alom
Hi Paulplex,

I'm sure there was another link on this comment last night on HTC Touch Cube (informations). I saw it last night but was too tired to read through that's why I've logged on and the link's disppeared. :D

Sorry,

I've found the information I was looking for....

post-355087-1204987956_thumb.jpg