HTC Vox and Wi-Fi

Guest johniain

Guest johniain

Has anybody actually been able to set this up on the S710?

I have a Netgear router with WEP set at 28 bit but up till now, although my phone sees the router I have been unable to connect. A friend with an i-pod connects right away :-)

If some kind soul has the relevent settings and could post them I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Guest Samsonite
Has anybody actually been able to set this up on the S710?

I have a Netgear router with WEP set at 28 bit but up till now, although my phone sees the router I have been unable to connect. A friend with an i-pod connects right away :-)

If some kind soul has the relevent settings and could post them I would appreciate it.

Thanks

no special settings required... Just switch of all your security to start with and then build it up in layers - (dont forget your MAC address access listings too)

Guest johniain
no special settings required... Just switch of all your security to start with and then build it up in layers - (dont forget your MAC address access listings too)

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, you gave me the hint with "MAC address listings.

All I had to do was add the vox MAC to trusted Wireless Stations in the Wireless Station Access List and it worked without even changing the security settings.

I've been trying this for months so thanks again Samsonite

Guest galea
you're welcome!! :D

MAC address filtering will get you everytime. You think it's a good idea when you set it. Then you forget you set and fuss for quite some time trying to figure out why a new device won't connect until it dawns on you ... Evil feature.