Issue with Wifi

Guest pete_thomson

Guest pete_thomson

Hi Guys (& Girls)

I've got an issue with wifi on my Kaiser. It's an Orange handset that's been reflashed with TLR Kaiser 3.08.02.21.

All is working fine except I've noticed a slight issue with the wifi - if the power setting is set to Max Performance it's all good.....

....if it's set to mid way or Max Battery then it doesn't actually transfer any data.

According to the phone it's still associated, and according to the wireless access point too. But if you try and use the phone then it doesn't work and pinging the phone from the LAN shows it to be down. As soon as I set the slider back to Max Performance the pings splutter back into life and the connection starts working again.

I'm in the same room as the access point so that should be making any difference.

Anyone else have this issue??

Pete

Guest Neil5459

It's an oldie but goodie, and seems to affect some device samples and ROM's more than others.

I've never been able to use anything other than Max Performance on any of my WM devices from the original XDAII to my current Ameo and Orbit2- middle or low settings just don't sustain a connection for more than a couple of minutes. This has been with 3 different routers.

Guest pete_thomson
It's an oldie but goodie, and seems to affect some device samples and ROM's more than others.

I've never been able to use anything other than Max Performance on any of my WM devices from the original XDAII to my current Ameo and Orbit2- middle or low settings just don't sustain a connection for more than a couple of minutes. This has been with 3 different routers.

In that case I won't worry too much and leave it on Max Performance!

Guest Neil5459
Would someone please give me instructions to setup wifi on my Kaiser?

WiFi shouldn't need setting up, other then entering any security keys when prompted.

Open the Comm Manager screen, tap the WiFi Icon to turn it on. If there are any Access Points in range you should see a 'connection bubble' pop up asking whether to connect (or which AP to connect to if it can see more than 1) then whether to use The Internet or Work. Choose The Internet, then if the AP is secure, you will be asked for the security key. WEP keys require the full hexadecimal code, as WEP on WM doesn't support passphrases; WPA or WPA2 can use passphrases.

Once selected, you will see the WiFi icon with connecting arrows; once connected the arrows become static, after which you should be able to exchange data.

Guest Mr Alom
WiFi shouldn't need setting up, other then entering any security keys when prompted.

Open the Comm Manager screen, tap the WiFi Icon to turn it on. If there are any Access Points in range you should see a 'connection bubble' pop up asking whether to connect (or which AP to connect to if it can see more than 1) then whether to use The Internet or Work. Choose The Internet, then if the AP is secure, you will be asked for the security key. WEP keys require the full hexadecimal code, as WEP on WM doesn't support passphrases; WPA or WPA2 can use passphrases.

Once selected, you will see the WiFi icon with connecting arrows; once connected the arrows become static, after which you should be able to exchange data.

Thanks but which security key do I type and where do I get that from?

Guest kburkhart84
Thanks but which security key do I type and where do I get that from?

The security key should be obtained from the owner of the network. It refers to the WEP or WAP security key. If it is your own network then you should have it. Or in fact their may not be one, especially in the case of intentionally public networks.

Also, I have a Kaiser(AT&T Tilt) with a custom rom from 4winmobile called Schaps's. It is pretty cool, and in this case, even on best battery, I have no problem whatsoever on my own WIFI network I have at home. But then, I know what the security code is, which makes it easier. Also, to input the keycode, you try to connect to said network when your Kaiser detecs it and if it needs the code, it will ask for it.