SPV C600 +GPS Holox BT-541

Guest dazzaroon

Guest dazzaroon

Hi there, I have a SPV C600 and have recently purchased a Holox BT-541. The phone seems to recognise the new device as the screen shows BT-541. When I put in the code 0000 the GPS unit blue light gives two quick bursts of blue flashes then reverts back to flashing approx once every 3seconds.

I am thinking that the phone and the GPS have paired but TOM TOM does not like the receiver as Tom Tom is saying No GPS device.

I have tried a few other things like setting up com port 6 and ticking the serial port box on my phone for the device but has made no difference

still saying No GPS device on Tom Tom 5.2. Have tried my phone with my friends GPS (Holox BT 321) and this paires ok and Tom Tom works ok. We have tried to pair his C600 with the new Holox BT 541 but his phone did not work either. Could it be a faulty GPs Unit? Would appreciate anymore help you can give on this subject,Thanks,

Dazzaroon

Guest dazzaroon
Try it with another GPS prog first - if you have unlimited data try google maps.

Thanks but cos the phone works with the old BT-321 on Tom Tom i would rather sort this new Holox to go with the Tom Tom as well if possible.

Guest Confucious
Thanks but cos the phone works with the old BT-321 on Tom Tom i would rather sort this new Holox to go with the Tom Tom as well if possible.

Err yes! But in order to make sure the Holox is connecting OK to your phone try it with google maps first. Then if that works we can figure out why it's not working with TomTom.

Guest dazzaroon
Err yes! But in order to make sure the Holox is connecting OK to your phone try it with google maps first. Then if that works we can figure out why it's not working with TomTom.

Hello again,

Have now tried it with google maps. The Holox red light was flashing (which according to the manual) means that it has locked to satellites but google maps did not see any satellites. As I say, the phone is saying that it has paired ok but not getting any further than that.

Hello again,

Have now tried it with google maps. The Holox red light was flashing (which according to the manual) means that it has locked to satellites but google maps did not see any satellites. As I say, the phone is saying that it has paired ok but not getting any further than that.

This is almost certainly a com port issue then - you need to go in to the Bluetooth settings and create a com port, make sure that secure connection is unchecked and then go to the GPS icon in settings and make the GPS program port the port that you just created.

Another thing to try is whether your Holux works with your mate's handset. Just to completely eliminate the Holux as the fault.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest ahmar
Try some of these links for further research. You need to possibly mess with the registry to get this working correctly.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsung-i60...etooth-gps.html

http://www.htcwiki.com/page/Configure+Smar...ooth+GPS?t=anon

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/955942-1.html

Hi.

although your thread is quite old, but let me suggest you the following in case you still are trying to figure out the bluetooth with tomtom:

--Try the manual settings, and use COM port 6, with baud rate 115200 one. at least this fixed the bluetooth discovery problem on my spv c600. uncheck the box that says "managed by windows", and use the above manual settings. (I have described these settings for the Google maps, and not tomtom).

Pl let me know if you need TomTom settings as well.