Faulty USB Port

Guest Retronana

Guest Retronana

Well, after only 6 months my Kaiser developed a fault today and its packed up ready to go back for replacement/repair :D

USB port is dead, won't charge and it won't sync...

It was purchased via in2mobiles a UK based web retailer, hopefully they are as quick to respond to my RA request as they where when i purchased the phone back in Oct 2007.

If I get no luck from them, what should I expect from HTC in the UK, has anyone any stories re the quality of the aftercare,I paid just shy of £450 for the phone so I so of assume they should be pretty good and replace/repair the phone pretty quick ?

Thoughts ?

Guest Shaftypants

Let me know how you get on with getting this sorted in the UK. Mine has also got the usual kink in it and it's only a matter of time till it's done for. Good Luck!!

Guest kjt57
Well, after only 6 months my Kaiser developed a fault today and its packed up ready to go back for replacement/repair :D

USB port is dead, won't charge and it won't sync...

It was purchased via in2mobiles a UK based web retailer, hopefully they are as quick to respond to my RA request as they where when i purchased the phone back in Oct 2007.

If I get no luck from them, what should I expect from HTC in the UK, has anyone any stories re the quality of the aftercare,I paid just shy of £450 for the phone so I so of assume they should be pretty good and replace/repair the phone pretty quick ?

Thoughts ?

I have sent HTC 3 emails over the last two weeks as I have a problem with my GPS. Orange told me to contact HTC. Still waiting for a reply from them....................

Guest Retronana

in2mobiles...useless, spoke to them today, Fozzy Bear must be the MD....what a bunch on time wasters..

Their advice, drop it into your HTC repair centerer, I asked if they could tell me where my "local" one was...no idea....surely as I purchased the phone from them they should get it sorted...the answer back was nope....take it up with HTC.

Advice, don't even think about buying anything from these idiots, spend you hard earned cash somewhere else...

HTC, rang them on the phone number in the box, nice lady, think the call was diverted to the USA Centerer, she ran through the procedure to get the phone replaced/repaired.

Logged into the HTC website, repair logged and being sent tomorrow for delivery Friday, assuming there are no issues hopefully my phone should be back in just over 5 working days

Guest Shaftypants

Had you flashed another ROM over the original? I've got mine set up just how I want it - I'd be gutted to have to go back to the std ROM but I'm told that you have to :D

Guest Retronana
Had you flashed another ROM over the original? I've got mine set up just how I want it - I'd be gutted to have to go back to the std ROM but I'm told that you have to :(

Nope standard ROM only, if this was a network phone I may have been tempted to flash it, but as its an HTC branded effort I can't justify chucking away £450 :D if I balls it up.

Just to update, HTC have an online tracker for repairs and my phone arrived and was logged in yesterday....lets see if they can hit their 5 days KPI...

Guest Retronana

Just to update on the UK HTC service to date:

Phone sent: 12th March

Phone arrived : 13th March

Phone repaired: 17th March

Final testing: 17th March

Just needs packing and dispatch :D

Overall pretty good service, fortunately I have an MDA which I'm using to fill the gap until the Kaiser comes home.

Guest Retronana

Ok, phone came back on Weds, just under a week turnaround which is pretty good IMHO, USB socket is now working fine, one minor grumble (which is not HTC specific but they also are involved)

My grumble, when you have a warranty repair surely its up to the manufacture to arrange pick up of the device at their cost and not yours, now I sent my Kaiser via a courier next day and "if" I had to pay for that service it would have cost me around a £10, I'm fortunate enough to have an understanding dispatch manager at work, but any normal guy on the street would have to pick up the cost...which is not right IMHO :D

A few companies now make you pay for the dispatch back to base and there seems little option to cough up even though the issue is theirs and not yours...