mutiple calendars

Guest nevawlkalone

Guest nevawlkalone

I have two local calendars aet up on my exchange profile on my work laptop...i was wondering if it is possible to be able to sync both of these calendars seperately to my kaiser so that i can see two seperate calendars... however i also need to be able to see if the two calendars have clashing appointments...is this possible?

Guest chucky.egg

This was something I was trying to do ages ago, but there is no really neat way to do it.

What you can do is setup a Google calendar and sync your device with that, in addition to the ActiveSync sync for your default calendar.

You only get one calendar, with entries from both merged, but it's the closest I've seen to getting this sort of functionality

Guest nevawlkalone

if i put a meeting in one outlook calendar and then a different one in calendar 2...wouyld they both sync to the one calendar on my kaiser.,...then when creating new meetings could i specify whic calendar it goes to on putting it back on the laptop????

Guest chucky.egg

I can't find my Google sync software now, so can't confirm, but I think you can specify which calendar (in Outlook) you want to sync with which calendar in Google. I think the app was "SyncCal" or something.

The trouble is they'd all get merged back into your primary Outlook calendar next time you ActiveSync. You might also be able to set "Googled appts" to Private to stop them showing, but they'd still be there.

If I remember correctly I did it differently and used the online Google Calendar from my PDA.

Guest lozzd

Its a horrible problem and has no decent solution. Google Calendar is *awful* for corporate environments. Either get your work to buy you a device for work, or buy another cheap device for yourself.. There is no good solution for keeping the two together :D

Guest nevawlkalone
Is this any use? http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ogg_sync...ows_mobile.html You can have two separate calendars in Google, but both shown on your phone. Not quite what you said you were looking for, but maybe an option?

its an option but not what i was looing for....needed it to run from my outlook on laptop as one is my 9-5 job and the other is my out of hours/part time job and really need to see both...would anything like Agendus work???

Guest hotphil

Another thought: Categories. If you categorise your appointments in your Calendar, you can select to only view certain ones on the phone.