Mobimate offers Worldmate for free

Guest Monolithix

Guest Monolithix

[teaser]

thumb_11-Mar-2008_wm.jpg
Worldmate provides and extensive suite of tools useful for both regular and occasional travellers alike. Now you can grab the application from the Mobimate website for free for both Windows Mobile Standard and Professional devices.[/teaser]

Free features on both versions include:

• World clocks
  • Size converters
  • Weather forecasts
  • Unit converters
  • Currency converters
  • World day/night map
    • Itinerary manager
    • Currency converter

Further features are available with an annual Pro Subscription priced at $75(!) for Professional devices and $40(!) for Standard devices:

[*]Real-time flight schedules and status

[*]Satellite weather maps

[*]Global dialing code guide

[*]Packing list organiser

Visit www.mobimate.com for more info and to download!

Guest chucky.egg

I suspect they lost a lot of business when they changed to the subscription pricing model.

Nowadays more devices are shipping with built-in weather apps, and Google does great conversion anyway.

$75 per year for the "fluff" is not a great deal IMO

Guest Monolithix

Sorry! I actually corrected that initially in the title, seems my brain switched off by the time i got to the end of writing the post :D

Guest Thumper Net

This app has been free from January 2008 not bad app but to get the full version you need to upgrade to the pro version , but still its better than nothing :D its also on all platforms as well , wonder how many upgrade to the pro version

Guest madferret

I wouldn't have thought that many. Looking at the premium apps, FlightStats offers pretty detailed information for free anyway - I use it a lot!

Guest biovirus

WorldMate is much overpitched. You need to know that you will be bugged for pricey updates and one day if you do nbot pay for an update it stops working. Typical Israeli software which if you pay once you have to keep paying more and more and more for updates and additional sirvices without which the software is of very little use. However if your company ius Ok with that its a nice toy.

• 1 year later...
Guest cirrus888

Does anyone know how to turn of the automated weather reports. Setting all the notifications to zero doesn't work. The automated weather reports freezes up my omnia and I have to soft reset each time.

I only use it for the currency converter.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.