Problems with CoPilot7

Guest Aero

I knew this would happen!

I did about 2 weeks worth of research before choosing CP7 over TT6, please don't tell me I got it wrong :D

So far I have had problems with it crashing on startup, crashing on shutdown, not doing voice directions after taking a bluetooth call, at first it was giving me safety camera alerts but now it doesn't, even after downloading the latest database from ALK. It's currently stuck in a loop whilst searching for local POIs.

And this is after discovering that the Live! tracking basically doesn't work and you have to download a fix from ALK (which they don't mention and seem to deny - I only discovered it thanks to Google). I emailed them about this and have had no response.

Can anybody solve any of my problems (especially the safety cam one) or failing that how do I go about getting a refund?

I did about 2 weeks worth of research before choosing CP7 over TT6, please don't tell me I got it wrong :(

So far I have had problems with it crashing on startup, crashing on shutdown, not doing voice directions after taking a bluetooth call, at first it was giving me safety camera alerts but now it doesn't, even after downloading the latest database from ALK. It's currently stuck in a loop whilst searching for local POIs.

And this is after discovering that the Live! tracking basically doesn't work and you have to download a fix from ALK (which they don't mention and seem to deny - I only discovered it thanks to Google). I emailed them about this and have had no response.

Can anybody solve any of my problems (especially the safety cam one) or failing that how do I go about getting a refund?

I tried a 3 day version of the above software and it really messed my PDA up. I had nothing but problems with it. You can de-register the product allowing anone else who buys it to use it, but i would sell it on as TomTom is far easier and better :D

Guest katrina_survior

I did about 2 weeks worth of research before choosing CP7 over TT6, please don't tell me I got it wrong :D

Guest katrina_survior

I think ALK has a 30 day refund policy if purchased from ALK.COM

I have CP7 running on ATT Tilt in the us since it was released here last year. and I not had any problems with CP7 or other applicatons however I don't use the safty cam feature

Guest simon211175

I'm using CP7 on my Touch. I've no problems at all, the safety cams work fine live tracking is switched on and the maps are more up to date than TT6 that I also tried. I have the Full Europe edition though, rather than just UK - not sure if that would make a difference.

Guest Confucious

I've been running CP7 on an Athena and a C600 with none of the problems mentioned. It's far better than TT6.

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing? Sounds like something's corrupt.

I'm using CP7 on my Touch. I've no problems at all, the safety cams work fine live tracking is switched on and the maps are more up to date than TT6 that I also tried. I have the Full Europe edition though, rather than just UK - not sure if that would make a difference.

That's odd - my brother and I both had to download this update - and some others have obviously had the same problem or else we would have not found the post about it on here from early December...

Safety cams seem to be working now - will see how it goes and maybe uninstall / reinstall.

Guest katrina_survior

another thought, I always have my Tilt connected to car charger when using CP7. I have heard when the battery is below 50% strange things happen unless you are only using the phone functon.

and I have had CP7 go into a loop when looking for a POI that does not exist within range.

but that is the only issue I can think of.