Cant copy large files

Guest JaKo69

Guest JaKo69

I have a 2 Gig storage card with about 1 Gig free

I have defragged the card with pocketmechanic

Whenever i try to copy over (using activesync) a large file, for example i have film around 300Mb, it starts to copy over and then after a few minutes gives the error "Cannot copy file, the resource is already in use). Ive tried many things to work around such as zipping the file, trying other large files but i always get the same error. Whenever i copy over smaller files it works fine.

Anyone got any ideas?? help would be appreciated.

Guest pd.ryder

You don't say what type of file it is. If it's an audio/video file I've always found it necessary to Sync it using WMP 11 rather than just dragging it across.

Hope that helps.

:D

Guest JaKo69

hmmm damn i dont have a card reader, is there any other program i can use to copy the files.

And FYI the files i am tryin to copy are .avi and .iso

Guest JaKo69
Both will be transfered more easily using WMP11.

:D

thanks for your reply but im still havin trouble syncing the iso files as WMP11 only allows media i.e film, music and not general files like iso's and such

Guest pd.ryder
thanks for your reply but im still havin trouble syncing the iso files as WMP11 only allows media i.e film, music and not general files like iso's and such

Then its probably time to invest £5 in a multi format card reader.

You'll find the transfer speed frighteningly quick too as the Hermes is stuck with USB1.1 :D

Guest JaKo69

Thanks for your reply Confucious that looks like a useful tool. And pd.ryder im copying isos to play PSX Roms with FPSce, I already have Tekken working and although the framerate is a little slow its still very playable and in my opinion is totally friggin COOL!! I really wants to get MetalGearSolid to work but i dont think the underpowered hermes would hack it. Anyway thanks everyone for input much appreciated!!

Guest JaKo69

AARGGHHH!! I'm still having trouble with this. I have formatted my card, ive tried using WM5torage but now it gives me a 'cyclic redundancy check' error. I'm getting seriously frustrated as im trying every trick in the book and nothing works. If there's enough free space on my SD card why cant i simply copy files from my PC. Theres no file size limit as far as i know so why am i hitting constant obstacles. Can someone please tell me a workaround for this or at least explain to me that transferring large files like this is not possible, to save me throwing my hermes out the friggin window....thanks :D:D

Guest JaKo69

AARGGHHH!! I'm still having trouble with this. I have formatted my card, ive tried using WM5torage but now it gives me a 'cyclic redundancy check' error. I'm getting seriously frustrated as im trying every trick in the book and nothing works. If there's enough free space on my SD card why cant i simply copy files from my PC. Theres no file size limit as far as i know so why am i hitting constant obstacles. Can someone please tell me a workaround for this or at least explain to me that transferring large files like this is not possible, to save me throwing my hermes out the friggin window....thanks :D:D

Guest Lordsmiff

Someone has already told you the answer but you ignored it :D Activesync is not the best tool for getting large amounts of data over and is only a exercise in futility, as you're finding out.

Buy a £5 card reader and save your hair. It's much faster too!

Smiffy.

Guest JaKo69

Ok peeps, you've persuaded me . Captain Tightwad has bit the bullet and spent a whole £3 on a USB card reader from eBay.

Damn i hope having MetalGearSolid on my phone is worth all of this trouble. Thanks for everyones help