BJII : warning your GPS is maybe hardware locked after a bad use

Guest christophe75

Guest christophe75

Hi,

I have read several topics and I have noted than :

- some people have applyed with succes some methods to unlock their BlackJack II with Paul patch or Microsoft Patch,

>> GOOD

But

- after some uses, several people have their GPS relocked with no results in the try to re unlock it, with hard reset too.

- some people too, have never succeeded to unlock their BlackJAck II with all methods

- some people have unlocked the GPS but have no signal, or have it one time and lost it forever after some software uses.

I have try all methods and I have discover than sometime, if you assign a bad port, a bad speed, or do bad port scannings the GPS is hardware locked, and it's impossible after to unlock it by software.

Hard reset has no effect on this lock because it's should be an electonic fuse to protect it.

On my BJII, for example if I create an hardware port with the Microsoft patch, my GPS begin OFF immediatly and it's impossible to detect someting.

You have that too when you play with all patchs and GPS software together.

So THE method to unlock this hardware lock is : REMOVE BATTERY AND WAIT

On my cell, it's 30 mn than I must wait, for some other people it's a full night.

Good luck and keep HOPE.

To test my GPS, I use

. GPS Test (take 2 - 10 mn to synchronise)

. Run.GPS from eSymetric (synchronise immediatly)

Note : GPS Utilities doesn't work on my cell

Edited by christophe75

Guest jonathanbaker1
So THE method to unlock this hardware lock is : REMOVE BATTERY AND WAIT

On my cell, it's 30 mn than I must wait, for some other people it's a full night.

Ahhh thanks, I read this a few hours too late. My GPS was working fine with the MoDaCo unlocker.... but being full of curiosity, I installed the old Microsoft patch also, resulting in malfunciton/lockup. Crap.. So I just backed everything up and did a factory reformat. Lesson learned

Guest christophe75

Me, when I apply the MoDaCo patch all is fine,

but when I use the GPS with a software, after when I switch off the cell for a long time (several hours), when I re-open it, the GPS is locked.

So to have the GPS, when I switch off the cell I need to remove always my battery.

Else it search, it search and never find something, even if it found something at last session.

Maybe it's because it had found some satellites and it search to resynchronize them.

When the first time I search satellite, the GPS take time to find them (2m - 10 mn) but after it's immediate.

It mean than it keep them somewhere and try to reconnect the one that it had detected.

We have too more problems with this cell, I think the GPS included is full bugged.

So avoid to take it for this function.

Edited by christophe75

Ahhh thanks, I read this a few hours too late. My GPS was working fine with the MoDaCo unlocker.... but being full of curiosity, I installed the old Microsoft patch also, resulting in malfunciton/lockup. Crap.. So I just backed everything up and did a factory reformat. Lesson learned

Lots of people reporting this problem where it use to work and now nothing... well me too! :D I had GPSActivation loaded and most things worked until I installed GPSID which "broke" it. They just aren't compatible together. I personally like the GPSID better than the MoDaCo version because of its flexibility but if you have previously loaded MoDaco then that is where the problem starts.

This helped me to fix it on my BJ2 so I didn't have to hard reset. I thought there was nothing to lose since I was prepared to do a hard reset to get it back. I changed a registry key so if you are comfortable doing that kind of thing here you go; use a registry editor and go to Key name:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\SamsungGPSHardware

modify the Value name "Interface Type" value data from COMM to PHONE

I rebooted after making the change just to be safe although I wasn't sure if I needed to or not. Well after waiting for the longest 60 seconds of my life GPSTest, Google Maps, MS Live Search all started working again. Remember to change all the options on your apps back to the way it was before you loaded the GPSID.... I hope it helps somebody else from not having to hard reset. Good luck!

Guest Jackpot

Thanks for this info pPCp... I will be getting my first BJ II in a few

weeks and these pointers are very valuable to me...

Thank All for your cool knowledge posts of sharing and maybe after

I get my phone I will find a little needed tweak or something to share

that will be helpful to someone..>!!!

TA.. :D

Jackpot

Guest RikoNaz

same thing happend to me. black jack II was working fine with the madaco cab.However, once i installed the microsoft GPSID cab, i couldnt get an signal for GPRS and my GPS didnt work anymore. so i had to do a hard reset to get it working normally again. im sticking with the madaco patch until something more stable comes along. :D

Guest qas1981
Lots of people reporting this problem where it use to work and now nothing... well me too! :D I had GPSActivation loaded and most things worked until I installed GPSID which "broke" it. They just aren't compatible together. I personally like the GPSID better than the MoDaCo version because of its flexibility but if you have previously loaded MoDaco then that is where the problem starts.

This helped me to fix it on my BJ2 so I didn't have to hard reset. I thought there was nothing to lose since I was prepared to do a hard reset to get it back. I changed a registry key so if you are comfortable doing that kind of thing here you go; use a registry editor and go to Key name:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\SamsungGPSHardware

I rebooted after making the change just to be safe although I wasn't sure if I needed to or not. Well after waiting for the longest 60 seconds of my life GPSTest, Google Maps, MS Live Search all started working again. Remember to change all the options on your apps back to the way it was before you loaded the GPSID.... I hope it helps somebody else from not having to hard reset. Good luck!

FYI this works great!! I downloaded Mobile Register Editor. It works great now!!

Thanks!!

Thanks for this info pPCp... I will be getting my first BJ II in a few

weeks and these pointers are very valuable to me...

Thank All for your cool knowledge posts of sharing and maybe after

I get my phone I will find a little needed tweak or something to share

that will be helpful to someone..>!!!

TA.. :D

Jackpot

So here is what I recommend to anyone new that asks. Load the Microsoft GPSID and not the MoDaCo patch. Paul was "forced" into making the MoDaCo GPSactivator patch because the GPSID wasn't available at the time so most people were using it first. The GPSID works just great for me IF you haven't loaded the other patch. If you did load the patch then you need to do the registry edit to fix it. Also it seems for those with newer phones don't even need the GPSID but I needed it mine to assign a port to allow the apps to start running.

Edited by pPCp

• 4 months later...

It unlocked the GPS on my HTC Diamond. It seems it has been locked by me setting manually COM port and baud rate on some GPS apps I was trying (BeeLineGPS and the VITO suite). The only difference was the last part of the key: instead of "SamsungGPSHardware" it was "GPSOnePort". The rest is the same. It saved me a hard reset!!! Tnxs a lot!!!

• 9 months later...
Guest blazzr
It unlocked the GPS on my HTC Diamond. It seems it has been locked by me setting manually COM port and baud rate on some GPS apps I was trying (BeeLineGPS and the VITO suite). The only difference was the last part of the key: instead of "SamsungGPSHardware" it was "GPSOnePort". The rest is the same. It saved me a hard reset!!! Tnxs a lot!!!

That registry tip just saved me from a hard reset! I installed GPSid on my BJ II with WM6.1 to see if it would make GPS Test work. It didn't - it just broke GPS for all other apps, including Garmin! After changing the registry key value from COMM to PHONE Garmin works with intermediate driver again.

THANKS!

Edited by blazzr