Malware

Guest JonnyAlpha

Guest JonnyAlpha

Hi; I just got my first Pocket PC an Orange SPV M700 running Windows Mobile 5. I am an IT user and was wondering how much of a threat are viruses and spyware on Windows Mobile devices. I use AVG Free Virus Scanner, Lavasoft Adware and Spybot on my PC with great success. What anti virus / spyware software is required and any recommended.

Many thanx

Guest armsy1

Hi Orange have F-secure antivirus software to download from OrangeWorld. It costs 1.50 a month on a rolling subscription, I use it however I don't really know if the threat of viruses is that strong at the moment. But still it's best to be safe than sorry I always say.Hope this is of help.Neil

Guest Monolithix

There are a few rumoured to be knocking around, but they're still the type where you have to install, accept the unknown source warning and then run for there to be any threat.

Make sure all you install is from reputed sources, and if in doubt, leave it!

• 11 months later...
Guest johnyysmith

Just had some really nasty stuff on my pc (rootkits and trojans mostly) and its left me wondering about my phone. Its a TytnII and started suffering from receiving texts but not being able to send them. I have downloaded a lot of 'freeware' and had some malware warnings from some of them.

So how do I go about checking my phone? I tried the SpyBot mobile scanner, but whichever version I try it reports that my battery is almost flat (which it is not) and stops. Any advice welcome

Edited by johnyysmith