WIFI connected but Explorer shows error on my Kaiser

Guest Xiaobaitu

Guest Xiaobaitu

Hi everybody,

is there anybody can help me in this matter ?

I can connect to WIFI network as i have my Laptop connected in the same time on the same network.

I have strong signal but when i try to search sites it says "the address is not valid. Check the address and try again"...google , yahoo...bla bla bla...no way....

Also tried with Skype and cannot get online as well...

In both case i still have full signal of WIFI network, so per my understandung i should have the way to gert into Internet, right ?

Please help me... :D

Thanks everybody will do it !

Guest jimbouk

1) Do you get a valid IP address (ie 192.168.x.x)?

If not, then you are probably not entering the right key

If yes then

2) Is the wifi connection set to connect to "the internet"?

Guest Xiaobaitu
1) Do you get a valid IP address (ie 192.168.x.x)?

Yes i have a valid address : SETTING> CONNECTIONS> WIFI>WIRELESS> here it show some networks and one of them shows "Connected"

then in WLANsettings (i can have this only from windows folder, it doesn't shows in SETTINGS>CONNECTIONS, togerther with WIFi) i have : in MAIN > tx rate = 54Mbps

> Rx rate = 11 Mbps

> Channel = 6

in ADVANCED > Status = ASSOCIATED TO NETWORK

> MAC = 00-18-41-23-8D-41

> IP = 192.168.16.85

if not, then you are probably not entering the right key

If yes then

2) Is the wifi connection set to connect to "the internet"?

Where i can find this settings, can you please lead me to this point ? cos i cannot find anything similar, except in SETTINGS>CONNECTIONS>CONNECTIONS>ADVANCED>SELECT NETWORK> here there's 2 spaces where i can choi Internet, but even if is settled on INTERNET, I've try the EDIT (under the frames) and found no settings in GENERAL and in MODEM, i found, under PROXY SETTINGS it is thicked only the "This network connects to the Internet"

If this is what has to be settled correctly don't know anymore what should i do, and i drive mad cos seems i clearly have the WIFI connected ! as the 2 arrows on the top bar are fixed, not continuosely searching...

Thanks a lot for your help !! :D