removing f secure

Guest varioIII-lover

Guest varioIII-lover

hi there ..

i would like to remove f secure anti virus, tried to with remove programs on the vario3 and it's still there and nowhere to remove it now .. any 3rd party softs to help?

x v3

Guest mandt

Try re-installing it, then uninstall again. When I first got my Kaiser it was the first thing I took off, and with no problems

The CAB is called AV_PPC5.0_T-Mobile_UK_Customer_ROM_VER3_0_13271.cab, and you'll find it in the \Windows directory :D

Guest varioIII-lover

tried to do that but it's not on the list of remove progs and tried reinstalling but it says i don't have file permissions?

any ideas for getting around this?

x v3

Guest mandt

Don't have file permissions? Bit of a vague message...

Off the top of my head you could try and see if MemMaid or SKTools can force uninstall it

Guest Bainsyboy

Have you tried exploring the phone via active sync then just delete the file, if you have a shortcut that you cant remove try a programme called pocket mechanic found on sites like handango, that programme has helped me several times

Guest jimbouk

It muts be installed as part of the customisations and as such isnt uninstallable.

If you really want to lose it, then hard reset your device and then soft reset it before the customisations run. But be aware that your device will then need some cab files run to set it up to connect to your network etc.

Guest mandt

No when I first got mine and let the customisations run, I was able to uninstall it in the normal way, which was pleasantly surprising

I have experienced apps that won't uninstall, getting the 'xxxx was not completely removed.....' message I still believe a re-install should fix it, although why the cab won't run is a mystery.

From your other threads it seems you are leaning towards a new ROM so is this all a moot point anyway?

BTW If you do decide to do the Hard-reset soft-reset trick on the T-Mo ROM you don't even need to configure the network settings as they're built into the ROM, the only visual difference is the pink HTC Home and Comm manager icons, which are easily replaced, and you get a pretty clean device.

Guest varioIII-lover

hi mandt, thanks for your help.

by the way memmaid is a lovely app .. i will leave it on and schedule it to keep the phone clean and tidy .. thanks for the nod on that, been playing around with it and definitely has speeded up my phone :D going to have a play around with sktools :(

happy easter :(

v3

Guest varioIII-lover

not looking good for the waistline .. onto the second bar of chocky! :D

i think you're onto something with this memorymaid ..