AMAZING kaiser revelations !!

Guest varioIII-lover

Guest varioIII-lover

hi all ..

happy easter.

i went on the methodology of cleaning up the tmobile rom that i have so ..

1. i have managed to stop f-secure starting up on a tmobile rom install!

if you want to stop it, go into your registry, then go to HKLM/software/

and change f-secure to f-secured or something else.

i haven't deleted the key, just renamed it!

voila, no more f-secure unless YOU start it up yourself!

_

2. on another note .. i have replaced the keyboard sliding sound with the transformers sound and a reversed copy for the close.

3. 33 replaced sms and mail notifications ..

_

4. i am wondering about registry tweaks to speed up the kaiser, what do you guys prefer?

5. also, is it advisable to keep sms messages on the sdcard? if so, do you know a registry entry for this and will i be able to port my sms messages over to the sd card and still see them in my sms messages?

regards,

v3 x

Guest varioIII-lover

I have just applied these registry tweaks to my registry ..

Improve Performance Generally

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS\Cac heSize=8192

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS\Ena bleCache=1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Filters\f sreplxfilt\ReplStoreCacheSize=8192

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\

MSFlash\FATFS\Filters\DataCacheSize=8192 [this needs adding]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ MSFlash\FATFS\Flags=40 [this needs adding]

All values are D-values

can someone very clever here tell me what each of these do?

thank you!

v3 x

Guest varioIII-lover

no i think i will leave them on for now.

just going through the kaiser wiki.

i also plan to reinstall tomtom6 totally on the sd card .. will that help performance?

v3 x

Guest varioIII-lover

lost use of all buttons can only use touch screen .. same things as before with the vario 3 tmobile .. had to soft reset!

v3 x

Guest varioIII-lover

lol now it's doing a medley of its favourite malfunctions!

after ANOTHER soft reset, it's vibrating constantly, which is kind of kinky but not what i wanted, and no sound. locked up no screen redraw to landscape on opening of keyboard.

i want to invite an HTC rep to this thread and ask him what the problems are in aid of and maybe anyone else with problems can document them here too!

i love the phone, i just want to get this phone working well!

v3 x

Guest Bainsyboy

My phone is a right mare when i have it hooked up to the computer due to active sync slowing it down to a crawl, so whats your secret, this truelly is the best/worst phone i have ever had

Guest varioIII-lover

lol yea bainsy .. it's the best yet the worst!

i honestly don't know. i am thinking that my phone got a bad flash or a bad rom install.

maybe some of them do and some don't!

it's a pain beause i have set it up how i like it .. and i have to put up with it freezing!

i don't want to add a new rom and radio because you can't seem to save the original one and put it back exactly how it was ..

congrats to all the cookers for doing a good job but i think htc should deliver an update with fixes to make the operator branded phones run better!

Guest hotphil
congrats to all the cookers for doing a good job but i think htc should deliver an update with fixes to make the operator branded phones run better!

I guess if the problem is all the crud the operators decide their consumers want, HTC are fairly powerless to stop them doing it!

nothing i do to this phone makes it perform any better, i am just singing into the wind ..

Perhaps you've peaked! :D