HELP!!! How Do I Install CAB/ZP/RAR ile onaiser?

Guest mysterite

Guest mysterite

Hello All

I am a virgin to te Kaiser and this forum, so please be gentle to me. I have tried to follow al the instructions in various postings on the site regardin insallaion of files, but seem not to be able to get it done. i am trying to install the KiserNotification file on my Tytn II, using ActiveSync. Can someone please give me the step-by-step instructions from the point of me downloading the ZIP file to my PC? hat and Ho do I proceed from this point? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Guest shootydogthing

extract the .Zip file. if there's a .Cab file inside it, move it to the desktop

connect your Kaiser by ActiveSync, click explore and drag and drop the .cab file onto your device.

open the file manager on your device, go to wherever you put the .cab file. then simply tap the .cab file to install!

if it's not a .cab, then i'm afraid I can't help you without further information.

Guest mysterite

The problem is tht there is no .CAB file in the KaiserNotification download I've retrieved from this site. I am precisely installing the file Ias per the instructions above, but now I see that it dosn't work because I dont have a dot CAB file. Anyone know where I can get it? And if I do get the .CAB file, which folder on my device should I copy it into?

By the way, here is a link to the download from this site for the KaiserNotification application(which DOES NOT have the .CAB file) http://www.modaco.com/downloads-file2400.html

Guest rameses
The problem is tht there is no .CAB file in the KaiserNotification download I've retrieved from this site. I am precisely installing the file Ias per the instructions above, but now I see that it dosn't work because I dont have a dot CAB file. Anyone know where I can get it? And if I do get the .CAB file, which folder on my device should I copy it into?

By the way, here is a link to the download from this site for the KaiserNotification application(which DOES NOT have the .CAB file) http://www.modaco.com/downloads-file2400.html

I've just downloaded from the link you've provided and the download is a .CAB file. Depending on what type of zip/rar application you have on yuor desktop PC it might appear to be a zip or rar file (they always show as RARs for me). All you need to do is copy the file you've downloaded to your Kaiser and run it. Don't un-zip it first.

I always copy cabs to a folder on my sd card (called cabs) so I can easily find them again later. When you click on the cab file is will ask you whether to install to device or card. My own rule of thumb is that I install to the card unless it's an app that affects how the phone works (like this one will) so then it'll still be available if you swap sd cards.

Hope this helps.

Edited by rameses