WinMo Week 10: Rant and Ramble is now live!

Guest Monolithix

Guest Monolithix

Paul (MVP) and I are proud to announce the release of WinMo Week Ten!

Sharing our views, activities and the news in this weeks Windows Mobile world.

In this ~50 minute show, we talk about...

• Intro
  • eXpansys featured device - the Asus M530W
  • Our next devices
  • Trueconnect 3
  • Windows Mobile 6.1
  • P750 VGA
  • Nested Tasks
  • Palringo March Update

As with all our shows, this episode is available in standard MP3 format or as an enhanced M4A format with chapters, images and links for use on an iPod or in iTunes. You can get the podcast in the following ways:

• Direct download from the downloads section of the site
    • Via iTunes (search for MoDaCo!)
    • Via RSS with enclosures - simply add http://feeds.feedburner.com/MoDaCoPodcast to the reader of your choice
    • Your feedback is really valuable and will tell us whether it is worth our while to continue running the podcasts! Do you listen? What do you like? What do you not like? Please leave your feedback below, or on the phone in number (which you can also use for questions for the podcast). The Phone in number again is:

+44 1379 888 101

You can also leave a voicemail via Skype by calling:

skype user modaco

Enjoy! :(

Link for enclosure purposes: http://donald.modaco.com/podcast/ten.mp3

Guest chucky.egg

Hi guys. Just listed to Week 10 (yes, we are still listening!).

Thanks for plugging Nested Tasks. Although I think you may have overstated the level of interest in it, you've embarrassed me into fixing a couple of minor bugs, and producing the CAB'd version this week.

I hadn't done any "proper" development for years, and then only in VB. I taught myself enough C# to produce Nested Tasks in about 5 days. If you already know C# or VB (for example) to some extent then you could do the same thing even quicker.

If anyone out there is interested in developing for WM I'd say "Try it, it's really not hard!". In fact it was much, much easier than I expected it to be. I'm already thinking about my next app.

Guest chucky.egg

:D

The next app will be "Poke Paul", and generates a random number of spam emails directed at his private mailbox every time you press a button.

Hi,

AmI the only one who can't hear anything from Paul on this edition, there's just Chris and silence. I've got it from iTunes and it's the same in the Enhanced and normal versions?

Guest Paul (MVP)

Redownload... the first upload was screwy but it's fixed now.

P

PS Member number 87! Knew you must be an early one with the username Tim :D

Guest Monolithix

Heh, yeah sorry - slight glitch we didn't notice until we'd posted it up! If you were in the first hundred or so to download you'll need to grab it again from the downloads section here or i think if you remove it and readd from the itune store it should force a download of the fixed version!

Guest wizgnome

I download the podcast with iTunes and this week (10) Paul was missing from the audio - I think you fixed this and I need to re-download.

The main problem is that I get both the mp3 and m4a versions - it would be nice to be able to choose which to download.

That way when I auto sync my HTC S710 I would just get the enhanced version - Active sync is slow enough without having to send things twice!!

Mike

Edited by wizgnome

I download the podcast with iTunes and this week (10) Paul was missing from the audio - I think you fixed this and I need to re-download.

The main problem is that I get both the mp3 and m4a versions - it would be nice to be able to choose which to download.

That way when I auto sync my HTC S710 I would just get the enhanced version - Active sync is slow enough without having to send things twice!!

Mike

Agree 100% with this suggestion although in my case I would like to just get the non enhanced version. Maybe two RSS feeds one for the Enhanced and one for the non enhanced mp3 version.

I download using RSS reader on my ppc and dont really want to download the podcast twice (yes i know i can set it to download manually but thats not the point is it)

Top knotch pod cast though. Im really interested in the vario 4 and the compact 4 any more details on those although VGA with GPS and WIFI would be enough possibly lighter and slightly thinner than the Vario 3. As the weight is why i got the touch dual which btw i love.

Jeremy

Guest bacus

I suggested this a few weeks back, as I only want the mp3, and downloading both is a waste of bandwidth and time.

How about it guys? Keep the original feed for the m4a and create a new one for just the mp3. What do you think?

Still a great show btw. Thanks.

Lee

Guest pete_at_raspberry

Hi guys

Just wanted to say thanks for talking about True Connect! Paul, you really should get yourself a proper compter :D - or are you now going to drop all things WinMo for the iPhone?

Cheers

Pete

P.S. - Glad you like the video. We'll have to do some more for the other products!

Guest Thumper Net

Although the podcasts are interesting , one section this week was over what device could pull you away from your kaisers , i think you both forget that there are more phones than windows mobiles , symbain phones also give more than most current windows mobile phones , the latest nokias should also be mentioned as contenders , its abit too onesided considering that modaco has also a symbian forum mobiholics , it would be more interesting if you compared these devices against the new windows mobile phones thus giving a real outlook on phones than a podcast that pleases microsoft , be brave and compare all the phones it would be more interesting and for you as well fun if you get a symbian device to compare with :D

Guest Paul (MVP)

It's the WinMo Week = Windows Mobile Week = Windows Mobile... and I know that no non-WinMo device could tempt me away due to my reliance on WM's mail client and .net CF :D

P

Guest Thumper Net

ok then whens the first symbmo podcast then :( seems that modaco forgets the mobiholics forum , no suprise really , just seems a shame to forget the members on mobiholics, microsoft can take it if modaco covered other phone types , other podcasters who make win mo podcasts include all types which keeps it interesting , i dont mean you have to review phones but to say windows mobile is the best is sadly at present wrong ( it should be by now ) but when you talk about the latest say winmo phone you could compare it to the latest competition phone spec wise , rather than just the small world of winmo. But if i was honest if i was getting free windows mobile phones i probably would not look elsewhere :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.