Dashwire updated and switches to open Beta!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Retronana

Looks like a basis of a very good mobile/web app, the web interface is very clean and seems to offer most things people would need IMHO.

After installing this on my Kaiser I did notice that it seems to not like working together with my Blackberry Connect software, looks like Dashwire hogs the data conection and won't allow anything else to use it.

Anyone else having this issue, I have had to uninstall the Dashwire app on the phone until I get get it resolved. :D

Just as a general point, why is PPC data sharing across apps always a pain, come the day I can get PIE/Opera Mini/BB Connect/3rd Party App's to all work in harmony...

Guest rameses

I installed this last week and it doesn't seem to be working correctly. On my inital synch it picked up call, sms, pictures and short cuts but nothing else. I have manually resynched a few times but nothing has updated. Do I need to have it on auto synch to work properly?

Edited by rameses

Guest rameses
mm, just installed and really like it. One small problem though is that I store all my videos and images on the storage card. I cant find a way to make it look on the storage card for these items, nor to ignore folders in my main memory to avoid it uploading all the SPB avatars, etc.

Is it possible or am I just 'not getting it' ? :D

Edit: sorry just read the previous post about it not being possible! Surely though it should pick the stuff up on the storage card? Also it hasn't got my speed dials?

I've just done another manual synch and whiel it still hasn't picked up any contact info it has synch photos from the storage card. How wierd...

Guest mwright
I've just done another manual synch and whiel it still hasn't picked up any contact info it has synch photos from the storage card. How wierd...

There are various items listed in the Dashwire support forums that seem to indicate you need to do a soft reset to get the contacts to synch properly. I certainly had to on my Kaiser.

Guest Paul (MVP)

If there's one thing that's a bit of a pain about Dashwire it's that I like to have it open all the time, but I also like to have it in a seperate browser window. Having it open all the time is cool, because as a new SMS comes in on my phone, the dashwire window makes a sound to notify me, handy if the phone is upstairs or something. It also helps me make the most of it.

Anyhow, I figured rather than having to keep a seperate browser window open all the time, I could completely isolate it and even give the app it's own icon in the dock (I use a Mac) by using Mozilla Prism, a utility that turns web pages into local-app-a-likes! I did, it, and it works great! :D

I've included a screenshot of my dock below and a DMG installer for Mac users. If there's any Windows users that think this would be useful too, let me know and i'll rustle up a Windows version.

:(

P

PrismScreenSnapz001.png

Dashwire.dmg.zip

Guest rav1patel

For some reason its not syncing my sent messages. Also wish it would sync messages I've moved to different folders. Very cool otherwise.

Guest Cooch1000

I've downloaded it to the TyTn II and have found it to be great. Only glitch I have noticed is if once sync'd via Wifi, the app (if stopped and reloaded) will not sync via EDGE. Upon startup I get (Library failed to initialize properly.)

Soft reset will allow EDGE/GPRS as the FIRST sync, but not as secondary. Odd?

Either way no big deal, I will do as Paul did and just get in the habit of setting up the Wifi sync at night whilst charging.... :D

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest amahfouz

dashwire only supports downloading ur contacts back to ur phone, msgs and pics -for instance- dont so i wouldnt really recommend using it, even updated contacts dont get backed up only new ones are backed up. so all in all when i lost my suff once (firmware update) i could only get my contacts back.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.