Keep Today screen displayed when on External Power

Guest FlangeArtist

Guest FlangeArtist

Hi all,

I'd like to be able to have the Today screen (with the HTC Home plugin) displayed on my TyTN II alwasy when connected to external power.

Currently after a period of time, it will lock and go to the "my info" screen" and require that I log in.

Is it possible and what setings do I need to look at to make this happen?

Guest farkah
Hi all,

I'd like to be able to have the Today screen (with the HTC Home plugin) displayed on my TyTN II alwasy when connected to external power.

Its quite possible, and is what I do too.

In the Settings section, under 'System' you will find the backlight icon. Click on this, then at the bottom you will see some tabs. click the 'external power' one and untick the 'turn off backlight...' option.

sounds like you need to explore your device a bit more. don't worry, you can reset it if you break it too badly :D

Guest hotphil

That sounds more like a device-lock or PIN-lock setting than the backlight to me.... Or if it's connected to an Exchange server that could be set to lock the device every so often. I'd check the Exchange server policy and the various locks on the phone too.

Guest FlangeArtist
That sounds more like a device-lock or PIN-lock setting than the backlight to me.... Or if it's connected to an Exchange server that could be set to lock the device every so often. I'd check the Exchange server policy and the various locks on the phone too.

I believe you are right. yes I can have the backlight always on when connected to external power. There does not appear however to be an option to set the password "prompt if device is unused for" to NOT ask is connected to external powder.