Couplw of Questions on my new phone

Guest MartinJT

Guest MartinJT

How can I delete all the contacts? I've spent ages changing everything in outlook on the PC, and I want to remove all the old ones from the phone.

Pocket IE reduces the resolution of the all the pictures on sites... can it be changed? or are there other (free) browsers out there that will replace it?

Also.. can't seem to get "Messaging" to appear in the start menu? What am I doing wrong???

any help much appreciated.

Martin

Guest chucky.egg

Your profile says you have a Nokia 8800, but you ask about Pocket IE - I'm not sure what device you are using so some of this may not apply...

1. Deleting all Contacts. The easiest way I would suggest is:

1. Disconnect your phone from your PC,
  2. Take a copy of your Contacts folder in Outlook on your PC (right click and Copy, creates a copy of the entire folder)
  3. When you are sure that you have duplicated your contacts...
  4. Open your main Contacts folder and delete them all
  5. Sync your device with Outlook
  6. Check that your device has no Contacts on it
  7. Copy the Contacts from your copy of the Contacts folder back into the main Contacts folder
  8. Sync your device with Outlook again
2. Pocket IE will scale the images, but if you choose the Desktop layout in IE you can get a better idea of what it would be. You may still be able to save the image in it's original state by tap-and-hold on a PocketPC - I don't know TBH, not something I've ever tried to do.

3. You dont specify what goes wrong with Messaging, and what you've tried already to get it in your Start Menu. If you're using a PocketPC then you may just need to change where you're copying it to - "\Windows\Start Menu" puts it in the list under the Start button, "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" puts it in the fullscreen menu of icons.

If all else fails Messaging is the .exe file "\Windows\tmail.exe", so you could just manually create shortcut.

1. Create a plain text file on your PC
  2. Enter "99#\Windows\Tmail.exe" (without the quotes)
  3. Save it, and then rename the file to "Messages.lnk"
  4. Copy that file to your device, into \Windows\Start Menu\Programs
Hope that helps, but post more details (incl your device) if you need more help Edited by chucky.egg

Guest MartinJT

First, thanks for the quick reply... much appreciated...

Second, thought that I had mentioned the device i have (HP iPAQ 614c)..

I should have also said that I'm a Computer programmer by trade so fudging it isn't really a problem, I can create shortcuts etc. I was really just wondering if there was an option for it... I presumed there would just be an option like for the Today screen. I don't really wanted to be fudging stuff already...

Good shout on the temail.exe, didn't know what the filename was (i was looking for outlook!)

As for the contacts, I'll try that tomorrow and see if it works....

Thanks for all the help...