Just got my new iPaq 614c

Took delivery of my new HP iPaq 614c today and I must say I am impressed! :(

Blazingly fast, the built in GPS works a treat (happily sharing between CamerAware and TomTom). Got all my apps installed to internal storage (apart from TomTom) and plenty left. No problems so far. Just wish I'd have got one of these first and avoided all the problems I had with the Atom Life (soon to be putting in an appearance on fleabay).

The strange thing about this device is that is seems huge when you take it out of the box. That was until I put it next to my old Vario II and there isn't a lot in it (a bit taller, slightly wider and quite a bit thinner). The 3MP camera seems quite good too.

If there were two things I would say against it they would be the swanky iPod style scroll wheel (works well but not in the same way as a proper d-pad, will take a bit of getting used to) and the memory card being under the battery rather than on the side/top. Still, minor annoyances and not enough to spoil the device. Happy days and all I can say is (so far anyway), nice one HP! :D

Ordered just in time to qualify for the £50 cashback offer from HP too so it worked out just over £280 (when I get my cheque through the post) - a bargain for such a quality device.

Guest Paul (MVP)
Took delivery of my new HP iPaq 614c today and I must say I am impressed! :(

Blazingly fast, the built in GPS works a treat (happily sharing between CamerAware and TomTom). Got all my apps installed to internal storage (apart from TomTom) and plenty left. No problems so far. Just wish I'd have got one of these first and avoided all the problems I had with the Atom Life (soon to be putting in an appearance on fleabay).

The strange thing about this device is that is seems huge when you take it out of the box. That was until I put it next to my old Vario II and there isn't a lot in it (a bit taller, slightly wider and quite a bit thinner). The 3MP camera seems quite good too.

If there were two things I would say against it they would be the swanky iPod style scroll wheel (works well but not in the same way as a proper d-pad, will take a bit of getting used to) and the memory card being under the battery rather than on the side/top. Still, minor annoyances and not enough to spoil the device. Happy days and all I can say is (so far anyway), nice one HP! :D

Ordered just in time to qualify for the £50 cashback offer from HP too so it worked out just over £280 (when I get my cheque through the post) - a bargain for such a quality device.

Does it log Navizon APs and Cells in CamerAware?

P

Have you tried calls over bluetooth headset?

I haven't tried calls over a BT headset as I don't own a BT headset. Apparently it's a bit of a mixed bag - some users reported no problems, some have reported distorted sound over BT.

Does it log Navizon APs and Cells in CamerAware?

P

Again, I haven't tried using Navizon - I tried signing up to Navizon when I had my MWg Atom Life but it appeared it wasn't supported on the Atom. I may try setting up Navizon again to see if it works on the iPaq. CamerAware works like a charm though and shares happily with TomTom - none of the crashing issues I had with my old WM6 upgraded Vario II. Is there a way to check whether Navizon logging is working without signing up to/installing Navizon?

Guest Paul (MVP)

You need a Navizon account, but you don't need to install Navizon - it's all built into the latest CA. Just put in your credentials, set 'Navizon Enabled', set the display to navizon stats and see if the counters go up :D

P

You need a Navizon account, but you don't need to install Navizon - it's all built into the latest CA. Just put in your credentials, set 'Navizon Enabled', set the display to navizon stats and see if the counters go up :(

P

No dice :D

CamerAware works perfectly without Navizon. If I enable Navizon, it displays the stats (all zeroes of course), enables Wifi and everything seems ok. As soon as it gets a GPS fix, CA aborts and goes back to the today screen (no error messages). The dreaded Navizon API strikes again? :(