Vibrate for Screen tap...

Guest dkindred

Guest dkindred
haptic feedback? I don't know, but i'd quite like it too.

Yep, it appears only u and i are interested in this particular option :D

Guest blackisle

Have been looking into this myself, piece in New Scientist about adding haptic feedback to touchscreen typing increased accuracy and speed to that comparable with actually keyboards. Think there's some dev work going on at Samsung and iPhone (/me spits), hopefuly it'll get ported over.

http://technology.newscientist.com/channel...ore-useful.html

"Others are pointing to the newly revealed Samsung (SSNLF.PK) Instinct, a 3G, Touch-controlled phone with an uncanny resemblance to the iPhone. It has some of the things the current iPhone is missing, like expandable memory and a haptic system that provides tactile feedback to touch. Apple will beat that phone to market, they say. They won’t let Samsung get to a 3G touch sensitive phone first. Accordingly, for these speculators it’s by June at the latest."

Guest dkindred
Take a look at:

Vibrating dial pad buttons

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=1685449

ihsan

Thanks ihsan, not quite what i'm after though, this only give vibration feedback when using the dialpad, more than anything else i need feed back from the 'text phone pad', i can get a good speed up on the t9 via the touch screen but often mistakes are made, i get a better speed when i have the sound notification on, but it drives me crazy!! Just a tiny vibrate would be the answer.

• 1 month later...
Guest rainabba

I'm quite new to WinCE development so don't get your hopes up, but I'm working on this. If you do find anything though, I'd love to hear about it.