Problem with PocketNesterPlus and PocketSNES

Guest pdeez

Guest pdeez

I have the PocketSNES 1.53 and Nester .9 (i believe) running on a moto q9m. there is an issue with display; when its set under Portrait its actually landscape left and landscape left is portrait for my phone. And also I can't seem to get my key maps to work properly, I try to get WASD for my directional buttons, but the directions are all messed up (D is up A is down etc...).

Anyone get it to work properly? Thanks for the help, sorry if this issue was addresed I used the search feature and couldn't find anything on the boards.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
Guest ncarnes

I'm having the same problem on my Sprint Moto Q. No matter what key mapping I pick in the "Controllers" menu, I can't get directional buttons to work. Little help?

Guest Liber Null

My Moto Q9h seems to have some of the same problem, except I didn't try remapping the keys yet... I can only keep it in Portrait with no smooth streching.

• 1 month later...
Guest Fenjen
I have the PocketSNES 1.53 and Nester .9 (i believe) running on a moto q9m. there is an issue with display; when its set under Portrait its actually landscape left and landscape left is portrait for my phone. And also I can't seem to get my key maps to work properly, I try to get WASD for my directional buttons, but the directions are all messed up (D is up A is down etc...).

Anyone get it to work properly? Thanks for the help, sorry if this issue was addresed I used the search feature and couldn't find anything on the boards.

Thanks again.

I had that to... With landscape left or right it messes the buttons up but there some system in it.. I usse the controller pad but if its on landscape left all keys are turned left (left is down down is right tight is up up is left) Just put the controllers in some other order (with the controllers on wasd it will be hard) And maybe eventually it will work (sorry for my bad english, dutch)

• 1 year later...
Guest sillytxgirly

So maybe you boys just needed a girl to explain it..... hold your q in your hand.... you rotated the screen left in settings so rotate your q left in your hand now choose your mapping based on the d-pad as you see it holding it that way and poof it works!

ps i like center toggle for start space bar for select "a" for a "s" for b and that little enter key by the s for my menu. :)

Guest PolloLoco
So maybe you boys just needed a girl to explain it..... hold your q in your hand.... you rotated the screen left in settings so rotate your q left in your hand now choose your mapping based on the d-pad as you see it holding it that way and poof it works!

ps i like center toggle for start space bar for select "a" for a "s" for b and that little enter key by the s for my menu. :)

Yep, girly is correct. If that's your primary problem - I'm surprised you guys had to go to a forum to figure that out. I've got a different phone, but I've been rotating key settings for any program that's rotated off of portrait.

Guest 88Saleen351
Yep, girly is correct. If that's your primary problem - I'm surprised you guys had to go to a forum to figure that out. I've got a different phone, but I've been rotating key settings for any program that's rotated off of portrait.

I figured this one out ages ago, then again, had my Q9M for almost 2 years :) .All of Masteralls emulators do this. Don't know why he never fixed it. The problem is that the directional key mapping is always stuck in portrait mode, regardless if your display setting is on Landscape Left or Landscape right. When setting directionals, map it out like you were going to play the games with the phone rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. Rotate the phone to the side. Set the keys where Up (You'll press the actual R button), for Right (You'll press the actual Down button), for Down (You'll press the actual L button) and for Left ( You'll press the actual Up button). When finished mapping, tilt the phone back to the normal straight position, exit the emulator to ensure the directional settings are saved then restart. Play game as normal.