radio issues

Guest veef13

Guest veef13

hi all

seem to have a problem with my vario 3... i cant recieve incoming calls unless ive made an outgoing call... and i always have to make an outgoing call twice to get it to connect, as it drops the call first time round... i have tried calling myself from a landline, and the first attempt always results in "this number is not avaialble", try again, works fine... leave it 30 secs, and the same problem

been having this prob for a month now, have tried all UK 6.0 radios, and even upgraded to 6.1 and tried UK 6.1 radios... the only way i have resolved this is too set my network type to GSM rather than Auto, which has fixed the calling issue (and boosted reception) but i've lost 3g so have really slow internet :D

any suggestions or anyone else had this?

edit: cant see how this is related, but mobilepanel no longer works either, but will save that for another thread

Edited by veef13

Guest lozzd

Sounds like your radio is just flat out dying. This happened to my friend just the other day.. First 3g wouldn't work, then slowly GSM deteriorated. You may have to bite the bullet and send it back.

Guest veef13
Sounds like your radio is just flat out dying. This happened to my friend just the other day.. First 3g wouldn't work, then slowly GSM deteriorated. You may have to bite the bullet and send it back.

aww crap :D was hoping it wouldnt come to that. time to flash back to the stock rom then i guess :(

thanks for the info tho :(

be interested to hear from others too with suggestions as would prefer not to send back.. maybe it could be a SIM card issue?

Guest Mr Alom

I have a similar problem but I can make calls it's just when I switch to auto mode I some times miss calls as my reception goes to one bar or lower :D . It's always full bar when I switch it to GSM mode, so that's what I've done and if I need to browse W&W I turn on Wifi.

I've notice I had the same problem with my previous phone/device (MDA Vario II) :( . I still love my Kaiser!!!!!!

Edited by Mr Alom