Windows Live for Windows Mobile official download

Guest Smartphone XP

Guest Smartphone XP
wlwm.jpg
Microsoft now has available a download for Windows Live for Windows Mobile (Hotmail, Contacts, and Spaces, note: Messenger NOT! included!).

This is the official method to add Hotmail support if it was not included in the ROM, and is available for both Windows Mobile Standard (Smartphone) and Professional (Pocket PC) devices, by pointing your device at http://wl.windowsmobile.com.

If you are one of those deprived, head on over! What's everyone's thoughts on this? Good or not good enough?

Guest Paul (MVP)

Hmmm, this is actually quite cool IMHO. I like to have the live client, but don't use the Messenger client itself as I use Palringo instead.

/me installs on wife's T-Mo Touch Plus...

P

Guest Menneisyys

Not good enough - the official MSN Messenger has several advanatges over ALL the alternate clients (for example, file transfer in both directions, conference etc.) See my Messenger Bible for more info if interested.

Guest Dave Smith

I had Pocket MSN installed on my device. Which included messenger. I just installed this new Windows Live and the icon to my existing Pocket MSN was replaced with the new Windows Live one. I therefore had no access to messenger!!!

Lucky when i uninstalled it, my Pocket MSN reappeared. :D

I had Pocket MSN installed on my device. Which included messenger. I just installed this new Windows Live and the icon to my existing Pocket MSN was replaced with the new Windows Live one. I therefore had no access to messenger!!!

Lucky when i uninstalled it, my Pocket MSN reappeared. :D

I lost my hotmail and messenger client when I upgraded to windows mobile 6 via the tmobile website. It seemed this was part of the solution (minus the messenger) so I installed it yesterday. After loading it worked ok for the first sync but ever since then it has failed to snyc my emails. Anyone else found similar problems with it. Ive tried uninstalling and then reinstalling it but still have the same problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.