I600 crashes with Nav4All

Guest e20

Just downloaded the free navigation MIDlet from www.nav4all.com, rebooted the i600, and the nightmare starts: when starting the midlet (the KVM is called aimsMIDP ???), screen goes black (like no power at all), all keys (including power!) become innoperative...

The only way out of this stuck state is to remove the battery. After more trials, it goes better in the sense that Nav4all only crashes after 1 minute now ;-)

Interesting that a midlet can crash severely my i600 :D

The IBM J9 with the same midlet does not crash the i600 but the midlet does not interact then with my keyboard <_<

Opened a case with Nav4all a week ago and no replies... Free software so I cannot really complain.

Any suggestion?

• 3 months later...
Just downloaded the free navigation MIDlet from www.nav4all.com, rebooted the i600, and the nightmare starts: when starting the midlet (the KVM is called aimsMIDP ???), screen goes black (like no power at all), all keys (including power!) become innoperative...

The only way out of this stuck state is to remove the battery. After more trials, it goes better in the sense that Nav4all only crashes after 1 minute now ;-)

Interesting that a midlet can crash severely my i600 :D

The IBM J9 with the same midlet does not crash the i600 but the midlet does not interact then with my keyboard <_<

Opened a case with Nav4all a week ago and no replies... Free software so I cannot really complain.

Any suggestion?

Yesterday I installed nav4all on my i600, it run´s without problems :angry: .

The only problem I have is, I´m using a T-Mobile NaviGate bluetoth GPS Mouse and I get the message the the GPS-Data are inexactly :D . I receive data but it show´s me no satellite position. If I insert a route-target I get the message: no GPS-Data. Does anybody know if this depends on the inexactly working T-Mobile NaviGate??

Thanks from Capi

Edited by capi