Webkit browser gets good

Guest stevej26uk

Guest stevej26uk

Hey folks, many of you will have heard of the iris browser when it was first announced at first release it was pretty poor, just downloaded the latest test version though and must say im quite impressed the biggest flasw is the lack of a overview zoom like opera mini, although zooming out to 50% allows a fair page overview.

It renders pages fairly quick using webkit, quicker than pie and netfront its worth a spin and prob keeping an eye on over the coming months, as more updates are made.

Current version is 1.0.8

http://www.torchmobile.com/

Guest Paul (MVP)

I used 1.0.8 back when it first came out and still found it horrendously slow. The biggest problem as you say tho is the lack of rendering awareness to the screen size and zoom options.

P

Guest stevej26uk

kewl, i thought 1.0.8 was fairly recent last time i used it, it was 1.0.6 and that was about 3 weeks ago.

1.0.8 is certainly far better than the earlier versions, im thinking this browser shows a lot of promise.

Guest stevej26uk

just noticed that by either pressing shift + up or shift _+ down on qwerty hardware keyboard or using touchscreen keyboard allows you to zoom out fully and zoom in fully, while this isnt as good as opera 9.5's and netfronts zoom its pretty good, im really liking this browser, just hope that they keep working away at it, with opera taking forever and pie being useless we need a good stable browser.