No Wifi connect when broadcasting off

Guest Loewe538

Guest Loewe538

Dear all,

Suddenly my Kaiser refuses to connect to my home network if the SSID broadcasting is off on my wireless router. It used to work without problem but now only comes up with a list of networks belonging to the neighbors. When broadcasting is on it connects automatically. Any idea?

Guest dt_matthews

sounds like the deivce might have lost its association to the network and since it isnt broadcasting therefore cant connect. (not sure if hard reset / power loss might cause the network setting to be lost - wouldnt have thought so but hopefully someone with (proper!) knowledge might be able to confirm!?!?)

Guest Loewe538
sounds like the deivce might have lost its association to the network and since it isnt broadcasting therefore cant connect.
Thanks, but it is connecting automatically when broadcast is on so it seems to be associated still.

Since I found out yesterday that broadcasting was on and I don't know since when, I am not in favor of restoring a backup since I have no idea when this occured.

Edited by Loewe538

Guest Loewe538

Life can be sooo simple. In Configure Wireless Network, This is a hidden network was unchecked. :D

I have no idea when and how this happened but checking it solved the problem.