99 Speed Dials or "Shortcuts "

Guest guybrush

Guest guybrush

I come from the world of WM Standard – and come in peace! – and I need to get something clarified: Can I use numeric button shortcuts (whether software based or hardware based) on a WMPro phone the same way they work in WM Standard?

Examples:

1. I now have shortcuts to speed dial my friends by pressing and holding one to two numeric buttons. For example, pressing and holding "3" dials a friend, while pressing and holding* "53" would dial another friend. Can this be done with WM Professional?

2. I also have shortcuts to text my friends. Same idea as above: pressing and holding "31" would open a message and place a specific contact in the “To” field. All I need to do is start typing the message. Can this be done with WM Professional?

3. Finally, I have shortcuts to programs such Calendar, Calculator, Browser etc.. Same idea: Pressing and holding "11" would open the calculator. Pressing and holding "14" would open the calendar. Can this be done with WM Professional?

This is really the only sticking point for me for moving to WMPro. I need one handed operation but also must be able to get to what I want with three clicks max: 1- Unlock phone, 2- Press button, 3- Press and hold button, and Voila I get to call, text, or open whatever program I want. And I get to do all this without having to look at the screen.

I believe that this feature may pop up now that some WMPro phones come equipped with hardware based numeric buttons (HTC Touch Dual, Asus P750, etc), however I can’t seem to get an answer on whether it works this way. Moreover, I don’t think I would have a problem even if someone can offer a software based solution (i.e., I can just bring up a touch numeric keypad then do my little song and dance of holding two buttons).

Many thanks,

Guybrush

*When I press and hold numbers, "e.g., 53", I am basically pressing 5, lifting my finger, and pressing and holding 3 again. Basically holding the last number.