won't come out of sleep

Guest loustylez

Guest loustylez

Lately I've had some problems with the phone not coming out of sleep. I'll have it charging over night and wake up, luckily in time for work, with the phone off and past the alarm time I have set up. Tryiing to turn it on (power button single press) doesn't do anything. I have to use the stylus and the receeded reset button which really only seems to actually turn it off (the power light is blinking as usual the whole time which means it's still on, even when it's not plugged in charging). Then, when I power on, it boots as usual.

I've had this happen both when it's plugged in and not. It just won't come out of sleep mode some time. I need my phone to be a little more reliable as it almost made me late for work once so I'm a little weary to trust it now. I have the flashed HTC rom and if I could find a way to go back to the ATT rom, I think I may prefer to do that. I'd like to be able to return the phone to ATT if anything should go wrong like this again. I was able to get the ATT rom very similar to the HTC rom before I flashed completely, so I may just do that and be fine with it.

Any help is appreciated.

Guest awarner (MVP)

I've seen this quite a few times, sometimes a ROM updated may be needed but quite often it can be a rogue application.

Is there anything you may have recently installed just before the problem started?

Guest loustylez
I've seen this quite a few times, sometimes a ROM updated may be needed but quite often it can be a rogue application.

Is there anything you may have recently installed just before the problem started?

hard to say. i can always uninstall apps and see if the problem persists. i'll keep my eyes on this thread though.

Guest awarner (MVP)

One other thing to try is to make sure all background applications are stopped at night or another option is to reboot the phone at night and see what happens.