HTC TyTN II coming to 3 UK

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

If you're a 3 UK subscriber, you've been rather deprived of WinMo lovin'. Since carrying the QTek version of the HTC Universal a while ago, the 3 handset landscape has had no WinMo devices at all, but that's about to change as shown on the scan below, courtesy of CoolSmartphone.

There seems to be nowt on the 3 website at the moment, but I think this goes down as concrete proof of the TyTN II's imminent arrival on 3, at a rather reasonable on-contract price to boot!

Here's hoping it's the first of many... :D

P

3tytniiad.jpg

Guest DrChris

they will tell u they're getting it in if u go in store. Had one of the salesmen trying to flog me one when i came to ask about what they had on offer.

Guest carphead

Three really have been going great guns to get more customers at the moment. My main phone is a N95 on Three but my secondary phone is a Tytn II (Ebay'd Vario actually) with a 3 Mobile Broadband sim in it.

When running WMWifiRouter you won't find a better mobile WLAN AP. Speed is as good as any ADSL Router and with 1GB a month usage it's a real knockout solution. It's nice to see Three finally getting a WM solution and when upgrade time comes around I'll be happy to stay with them.

Guest blewer
Funny, i told them i was leaving a few months back because they didn't offer and WinMo handsets, now this turns up... :D

Must be just for you then Mono :(

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Funny, i told them i was leaving a few months back because they didn't offer and WinMo handsets, now this turns up... :D

Maybe the C.S rep. didn't know what a 'WinMo' handset was?....'Is that the new Vertu or summat?'...

Now if you'd said Windows Mobile maybe they'd have understood and told you it was coming soon?..... :(

M.S

Guest Monolithix

It's been 3 months now anyway so i'm just hitting that "bored with my phone so time to start shopping for a new device" point (again) :D

I quite fancy a Compact IV if the rumoured specs hold...

Guest Monolithix

But megastorage, wifi, GPS and VGA could be enough to tip me over... :D

Keyboard would be ideal if they can get it thin enough...i dunno, guess we'll have to wait and see how they turn out!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimllfixit

Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum, after recently getting a new TyTn 2 from "3". They have only been available for a few weeks now, and seem to be only available with the "3" business centres. However i contacted the call centre and they gave me an early upgrade, it did cost me £150.00 tho, but i do have a very high tariff.

Very impressed with the features, but what really will help me is the new Turbo coverage due this summer.

All the best

Rich

• 5 weeks later...
Guest blahmartinblah

Any further news on the Tytn II on Three? I'd like to get one, but preferably not on a business tarriff. Is that possible?

If not, how much will I be up for on a 12 month contract with a few hundred minutes and a decent data allowance? The website doesn't really specify that, you need to ask them to contact you I think.

Martin.

Guest carphead
Any further news on the Tytn II on Three? I'd like to get one, but preferably not on a business tarriff. Is that possible?

If not, how much will I be up for on a 12 month contract with a few hundred minutes and a decent data allowance? The website doesn't really specify that, you need to ask them to contact you I think.

The Tytn II is out on Three. On the Website it is Business only. But try asking in a Three High Street shop they'll more than likely bend the rules a bit to get the sale.

Guest Sy B

Hi i'm new to MoDaCo but I stumbled on this thread and thought I would update you good fellows on 3's deals. I just udgraded my contract 2 days ago and 3 have let me have an HTC TyTN ll for free on a £35 pm tarrif with 1100 mins/texts + 300 3 to 3 mins and 150 video mins and after some hard talking they threw in free internet access.

Not to shabby.

Trouble is it's been around 3 years since using Win smart phone after using Series 60 and it doesn't half take some getting used to again.

Does anybody else find the TyTN very quite?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.