Alternative Car Mount

Guest sc0user_75

Guest mwright

It is still there - just go to ebay.co.uk and enter the item number (230243304182) in the search box.

I nearly bought it - but with the postage it is almost £20 which seems a bit steep

Guest sc0user_75

Sorry guys. I thought the link wouldn't work so I added the Item Number. For anyone who wants to check this item out just key in the item number on ebay and the mount will show up.

Mwright, would you say £20 for this item is too much? Brodit (active) is almost £40. Plus with this one you get a few more additions - louder speakers etc

I'm very tempted... unless someone can convince me otherwise :D

Guest Mr Alom
Lads, just came across this on my travels round ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWERED-CAR-KIT-MOUN...1QQcmdZViewItem

Item number 230243304182 (just in case link doesn't work)

What do you all think? Seems to good... and cheap to be true!

Better than Brodit mount?

That looks good but the only thing is...I'll have to take off my cases to insert into the holder. The price isn't that bad too.

Guest mwright
It is still there - just go to ebay.co.uk and enter the item number (230243304182) in the search box.

I nearly bought it - but with the postage it is almost £20 which seems a bit steep

Well I went and bought one!

Wish I hadn't!

1) The phone does not fit well into the holder. It requires a large ammount of force to remove it once seated.

2) The built in speaker is almost useless. It picks up all the network sounds (the squeaks and whistles that one hears if you hold a phone near a HiFi system) and amplifies them making it almost impossible to keep it turned on. If you remove the lead that links up the speaker - then of course you cannot hear any sounds from the phone.

Useless for me unfortunately.

Trying to see if I can return it. Although I will only get half the price because of the stupid £7.99 + £9.99 p&p pricing :-(

Guest sc0user_75
Well I went and bought one!

Wish I hadn't!

1) The phone does not fit well into the holder. It requires a large ammount of force to remove it once seated.

2) The built in speaker is almost useless. It picks up all the network sounds (the squeaks and whistles that one hears if you hold a phone near a HiFi system) and amplifies them making it almost impossible to keep it turned on. If you remove the lead that links up the speaker - then of course you cannot hear any sounds from the phone.

Useless for me unfortunately.

Trying to see if I can return it. Although I will only get half the price because of the stupid £7.99 + £9.99 p&p pricing :-(

Oh man! Sorry mate. I feel a bit bad for posting the link up now. Hope you manage to get some kinda refund. Is there any way you can put your own speaker in to make it a little better?

Guest hotphil

From the look of it, I had the same kind for my old Wizard - was very hard to insert phone and speaker picked up all kinds of interference. I actually decided the speaker in my Kaiser is loud enough for satnav (certainly loud enough to draw my attention to the fact she's squawking, if not to make out what she is saying) and went for one of these: http://www.gpsforless.co.uk/product_details.php?id=10711 It doesn't have the active speaker, but feels a much more quality product. The TyTN II slides in and out easy and all buttons (and stylus) are still reachable.

Guest gwnorth

I don't know how much Proclip charges to ship overseas, but I love their clips (ProClip). And they do offer to ship just about anywhere.

I have one of these mounted on one of these. It's a rigid, sturdy mount (does not interfer with the vent at all), right above the center console power outlet and in line-of-sight when driving. It also works very nicely in tilt'd mode, with the keyboard open and ready to use.

They're not cheap though, even when shipping within the USA. Bot worth it IMO - best car mount I've ever had or seen.

Edited by gwnorth