HTC8900 - Tilt

Guest tilt67

Guest tilt67

Hi All,

I am currently having an issue getting my tilt to synchronize with our exchange server at work. First a little background. I got my phone about 4 months ago and with a little help from our office IT guy I was able to get it sync'd with the exchange server at our office and all was wonderful. I received emails on my phone quicker that my desktop PC with a landline. I also had all of my contacts and calendar appointments as well.

The problem came when we needed to relocate to our new business location. Our server that is running exchange was transferred to the new location and is now up and running fine. The issue is since the server was taken down I have not received any email, any updates to contacts or any calendar appointment updates.

I have asked our IT guy several times to look at this and he has, but he is not finding what may have changed. So I thought I would do is sort of start again at square one. Does anyone know of a site(or have the information available) where I can get a complete list of items I need to setup for initially getting my HTC8900 to syncronize to our corporate email system? This way I can go through every setting one at a time until I find what may have changed.

The first time it seemed relatively simple and it just kinda worked without too much effort and I am not sure why it not working now.

Do I have to establish a "PC Sync" (with a USB cable) with a computer inside of the company for this to work? I don't remember having to do this the first time. If I did do it once I never re-sync'd at any time and it was still working great up until that fateful day.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

tilt67

Guest wisniak
Hi All,

I am currently having an issue getting my tilt to synchronize with our exchange server at work. First a little background. I got my phone about 4 months ago and with a little help from our office IT guy I was able to get it sync'd with the exchange server at our office and all was wonderful. I received emails on my phone quicker that my desktop PC with a landline. I also had all of my contacts and calendar appointments as well.

The problem came when we needed to relocate to our new business location. Our server that is running exchange was transferred to the new location and is now up and running fine. The issue is since the server was taken down I have not received any email, any updates to contacts or any calendar appointment updates.

I have asked our IT guy several times to look at this and he has, but he is not finding what may have changed. So I thought I would do is sort of start again at square one. Does anyone know of a site(or have the information available) where I can get a complete list of items I need to setup for initially getting my HTC8900 to syncronize to our corporate email system? This way I can go through every setting one at a time until I find what may have changed.

The first time it seemed relatively simple and it just kinda worked without too much effort and I am not sure why it not working now.

Do I have to establish a "PC Sync" (with a USB cable) with a computer inside of the company for this to work? I don't remember having to do this the first time. If I did do it once I never re-sync'd at any time and it was still working great up until that fateful day.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

tilt67

There are several things that could be wrong, but 1st ask the IT guy whether he has defined the setting in Exchange that allows PPCs to sync with it. Can't recall the setting name at the moment. But if it's not defined, then you'll never be able to sync.

Further, I suggest you check whether you have the correct settings, and that you are able to create the Exchange account in a PC (via Start-ControlPanel-Mail, since you can't define the Exchange account via Outlook Tools-Accounts), and see if you are able to view your emails etc at all.

So if you ARE able to access the Exchange data via your PC, and you IT guy has defined the proper settings, then you need to define the Exchange server on your PPC or on the PC.

Guest yrreP

Also make sure you are able to access your OWA page, as this is whate Exchange AS uses..

Other than that, to start again tap on Start > Activesync > Menu > Options and delete the Exchange partnership

Set it up once more, maybe with the help of your IT guy, with the correct settings and go from there!

Guest Starscreamer

Check if since moving you now have a different ISP or Firewall. Both could be preventing the synch over the internet. If all this changed then some records for your domain may not have been changed and could be causing problems.

This is only if you sync via the internet.

Personally I use a hosted exchange service at the moment.

What type of server do you have? Small Business or standard?

Guest Confucious
If none of the above work, go to Activesync on your PPC and see what error code your getting.

Just what I was about to say - the error code will tell you what's wrong.

Guest tilt67

Thanks to everyone for all of the replies...

Really quickly again for reference; I was once connected without issues. The server was physically moved to a new location. Now I can't connect.

We do have a new ISP and a new firewall at the new location and I believe that this may be where my problem is. I have read a few things about a "heart-beat" signal that may not be making it through the firewall. However, I am still pursuing all avenues at this point.

The error code I am getting is 0x85010014. I have read some conflicting information about exactly what this error means???

I have tried deleting and re-creating my sync partnership a few time, but alas the same results. Can anyone verify for me if this communication uses port 443 on the server or a different one?

Thanks again,

Tilt67

Guest tilt67
0x85010014 ? You mean you have a certificate error?

On your phone go to https://xxxxxxx.yyy/certsrv where xxxxxxx.yyy is your exchange server name (the one you connect to using the internet for OWA) and download the certificate and all should be well.

Hmm. my IT guy gave me the cert I have. I guess I assumed it was correct. I will test this now and let you know.

Thx,

Tilt67

Guest tilt67
Hmm. my IT guy gave me the cert I have. I guess I assumed it was correct. I will test this now and let you know.

Thx,

Tilt67

Confucious,

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!

I tried going to the site you suggested. For our server it is: https://xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/certserv

I got a page can not be found error??? Should I have not used the ".com"

Thx,

Tilt67

Guest tilt67
What do you use for your Outlook Web Access? That's the site you need.

I am a little confused by your question. I would like to re-establish my exchange server synchronization using "direct push" so that the outlook I have on my mobile will automatically keep me sync'd with the exchange server (emails, contacts, appointments, etc..). I think that may answer your question.

On another note. I verified that my phone apparently does have the correct certificate installed as I can log into the exchange server using OWA on my phone. This is definately not a smartphone friendly display, but it does at least ensure me that I don't really seem to have an invalid certificate problem, even though that is what the Active Sync error code indicates.

Confused and bewildered,

Tilt67

Guest Confucious

To get the correct cert on your phone you log on to the OWA server with /certsrv instead of/OWA - this will thyen prompt you to download the cert. You do have a cert problem even though you can log on to PWA - you cannot log on to port 443 because you fo not have the correct cert. Download it and you will find your problems mysteriously disappear.

Guest tilt67
To get the correct cert on your phone you log on to the OWA server with /certsrv instead of/OWA - this will thyen prompt you to download the cert. You do have a cert problem even though you can log on to PWA - you cannot log on to port 443 because you fo not have the correct cert. Download it and you will find your problems mysteriously disappear.

Again, many thanks for helping me try and solve this issue...

I have tried a couple of times to go to the certificate server, but I keep getting a page not found error. I even tried hitting the certsrv on my PC and I got the same error. I have sent a request to the upper mgmt at my company requesting suport to get this resolved. I will let everyone know what the outcome is.