Deal from Orange on Touch Dual

Guest Griff_FFOC

Guest Griff_FFOC

Rang for an upgrade today, and got the usual "that'll cost £79.99 due to your average spend sir" line (around £34), so asked to speak to someone to cancel my contract, and ended up with:

A Free Touch Dual

100 mins / 300 texts @ £20 per month

Unlimited data @ 7.50 per month

The only downside is it's 100 minutes less than I have now, but I don't even use them. It's also an 18 month contract period, but seeing as it's saving me £8 and giving me unlimted data, I don't mind it. I didn't even know they did an equivalent to uinlimted data til I saw it here, subject to a FUP of course.

I just hope I like the handset and can move from my E650 which was great.

Guest Neil5459

Make sure you understand exactly what you've got :D

There is no 'Unlimited Data' bundle with Orange- you can either have, on Pay Monthly, £5pm unlimited off peak, or £8 per month 30MB anytime data. The page you link to confirms that under the 'See Terms' link on that page.

Anything over the 30MB is charged at £1 per MB

Guest Neil5459
The lady did mention 250mb on the phone for £7.50, but as you point out, i'd better double check anyway.

She may have been looking at the Business Tariff- in fact they may have put you on that as a sweetener :D

Details here- sorry about the lack of formatting !

Orange World for Business

Orange World for Business is a series of single user and shared data bundles that can be applied as an add on to any voice talkplan. Orange World for Business can be used for any application that uses data, including mobile browsing, Internet email, Mobile Forms, Sat Nav, data across private APNs, using a mobile as a modem or any other data application.

Single user data bundles:

Orange World for Business monthly price data included per month out of bundle price per MB

Orange World for Business 4 £2.50 4MB £0.80

Orange World for Business 10 £5.00 10MB £0.80

Orange World for Business 250 £6.38 250MB £0.80

Orange World for Business 1024 £17.02 1024MB £0.80

Orange World for Business 2048 £21.28 2048MB £0.80

Prices exclude VAT

Guest muldered

For £7.50 on an 18 month contract you get 250Mb. With a bit of persuasion, I managed to get my Touch Dual for free and got the following deal:

850 Mins

400 Texts

Unlimited data (with a 1Gb cap)

All for £30. It was either that, or a deal similar to yours for £27.50... I thought what the heck - for an extra £2.50, get more of everything (although like you, I doubt I'll ever even come close to using it all!).

Guest Griff_FFOC
For £7.50 on an 18 month contract you get 250Mb. With a bit of persuasion, I managed to get my Touch Dual for free and got the following deal:

850 Mins

400 Texts

Unlimited data (with a 1Gb cap)

All for £30. It was either that, or a deal similar to yours for £27.50... I thought what the heck - for an extra £2.50, get more of everything (although like you, I doubt I'll ever even come close to using it all!).

That's eased my mind a little at least. Thought i may have misheard or been the victim of a CS rep not knowing what they were doing. Proof will be in a few weeks when my billing date comes around.

I hate having a 3G phone and not really being able to use it at the moment for fear of high data costs. :D

Guest greenturtle

So there are actually half decent data bundles?

I get 600minutes and Unlimited texts for £21.50 a month and I take the £5 evening and weekend unlimited data bundles.