Geotagging

Guest dtphantom

Guest Mojoski

I use GPicSync on my Desktop, but I'm assuming you mean one that would do all the work on your BJ II. That would be cool!

Anyone know of something like that?

Does anybody know of any software that will let you geotag photos?

Guest Mojoski

I'll have to see if I can get Shozu's reported support working. I have used Shozu before to photo-mo-blog before, but hadn't realized it handled geotagging..

Guest dtphantom
I'll have to see if I can get Shozu's reported support working. I have used Shozu before to photo-mo-blog before, but hadn't realized it handled geotagging..

Yeah I found Shozu and use it to automaticlly dump any new photo's to flickr but I didn't see anything for automaticly geotag them.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rob Halligan
Does anybody know of any software that will let you geotag photos?

The day (in November '07) I bought my BJ II, I turned on the GPS, went outside, snapped a photo, and took a look at the EXIF data. I was surprised that the GPS wasn't putting my position into the camera. I'm even more surprised that a hack hasn't been widely circulating to make this happen.

I'm no engineer but it seems like those 2 devices within the same box - connected with a relatively open operating system - could communicate. Given the seemingly obvious utility of having them talk to each other and apparent lack of a solution, could someone opine on why we don't have GPS data in our BJ II photos?

Guest dunc
The day (in November '07) I bought my BJ II, I turned on the GPS, went outside, snapped a photo, and took a look at the EXIF data. I was surprised that the GPS wasn't putting my position into the camera. I'm even more surprised that a hack hasn't been widely circulating to make this happen.

I'm no engineer but it seems like those 2 devices within the same box - connected with a relatively open operating system - could communicate. Given the seemingly obvious utility of having them talk to each other and apparent lack of a solution, could someone opine on why we don't have GPS data in our BJ II photos?

I am pretty sure that this piece of software will do what you want among a whole lot of other things

http://www.gypsii.com/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...